Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:14 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
GUIGUI wrote:
parannoyed wrote:
So , aside from the book of e-ville, we have the books of gud, bhad and uhgly. Why am i looking for clint eastwood to work his way into all this? (...)

It has been what? a bit more more than 22 years that this joke has been made? And only now am I finally getting it.

Who except Pete would invent content for two more magic books just because of a throwaway joke he made two decades earlier? :-)

(I only just barely know about a film which I think is the source, but I often see things sorted into the categories good, bad and ugly.)

garyfritz wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Oh. That is the Book of Bhad. In that case, I wonder what happened to the Book of Uhglee. Did Siphy even ever have it?

Yes -- Allie put the demon IN the book, but Siphy worked with it too -- see e.g. panel 1 of https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-05-28

So Siphy L. had all four books initially, but it looks like she may have left the Book of Uhglëë behind when she fled hastily after she murdered Sparrow, and it remained in that town in the shadow of Vesuvius until Wilcott Wilden's team of archaeologists found it.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Rombobjörn wrote:
(...)

(I only just barely know about a film which I think is the source, but I often see things sorted into the categories good, bad and ugly.)

(...)

Thread theme, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PfrmCGFnk

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:30 am 
Ah yes, the old "master refuses to teach student. student gets frustrated. student lets demon trapped in book teach her instead. demon manipulates student into freeing him. student tries to stop demon. demon traps student in book."

How many times have we seen that old story?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:47 am 
CodeBlack wrote:
To all masters of magic: remember to keep your students restless and desperate for more power. That always ends well.

I will upvote this post from last week. That is all.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions