Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:29 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I'm used to a comic on Tuesday.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:09 am 
Bun Bun may have a big bag of diamonds but that wouldn't preclude him also being mad about the car.
We still have flying thing-a-ma-bob in the background. Wonder if Torg noticed it. It might be *spec* but I kinda doubt it.
Wonder if we're going to get backstory on innocent two heart angel chick.
This is shaping up to be a pretty epic chapter.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:20 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
We need a Strakoi Strategy. And then a name for it.

So why was a giant bag o diamonds in the car?
And how did Bun Bun hide this bag from the rest of the nerds?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:02 am 
Diamonds make everything better! Like I wrote on the anniversary day (yay!) I always wished they had some reward after everything they've done.

The flying thing in the background is the Trevors, I believe. The Trevorstrat as it were.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:44 am 
endplanets wrote:
And how did Bun Bun hide this bag from the rest of the nerds?

Same way he hides his Glock and switchblade, I presume.

Silverwalker wrote:
I always wished they had some reward after everything they've done.

Do you think for a moment Bun Bun is going to share!!??

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:49 am 
endplanets wrote:

So, a Strakoigy. Are you even trying?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:43 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
The flying thing in the background is the Trevors, I believe. The Trevorstrat as it were.

Doesn't look like the Trevors. Only one head and doesn't look as skinny. I could be wrong but it resembles the flying thingy we saw in the anniversary comic.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:43 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
The demon cult teaming up with the Strakoi is so ominous that even Bun-Bun is concerned. That's big.

I see a hole in the Book of E-ville. The book can't be killed because it's not alive, but Chaz could damage a book that has previously resisted tearing, fire and water.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:16 pm 
I was assuming it's a bat, what with the vampire wizards and all.

I'm kind of confused by what Riff means when he says "everything in the folder is dated back to the sink-hole near Vesuvius. These documents are from a year ago!"

I think they took a journal/notebook from the house? And the Vesuvius expedition happened when Riff was a kid? So 'everything in the folder' is different than 'these documents' then? So what's the relationship between the notebook, the folder, and 'these documents' from a year ago? Is he saying that the journal includes stuff from Vesuvius and then jumps ahead to a year ago?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:37 am 
So how is it that Riff knows about a "fourth sect of Vampires in Alaska" (https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2016-09-26) but doesn't know that the Strakoi *are* a form of vampire?

Doesn't counting to four imply knowing the first three?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lindley wrote:
So how is it that Riff knows about a "fourth sect of Vampires in Alaska" (https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2016-09-26) but doesn't know that the Strakoi *are* a form of vampire?

My guess would be that he never encountered any Strakoi, as they are not allowed in the new world, and the vampires he hunted never bothered to tell him about them, if Riff would ever let them enough time to talk.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Lindley wrote:

My guess would be that he never encountered any Strakoi, as they are not allowed in the new world, and the vampires he hunted never bothered to tell him about them, if Riff would ever let them enough time to talk.

I think Lindley's question is what the other three sects of vampire are in that conversation if not Vorpyr, Strakoi, and Vryko. Seems like Pete might have forgotten, although there's plenty of other explanations with a bit of creativity.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:13 am 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:

I'm kind of confused by what Riff means when he says "everything in the folder is dated back to the sink-hole near Vesuvius. These documents are from a year ago!"

I think they took a journal/notebook from the house? And the Vesuvius expedition happened when Riff was a kid? So 'everything in the folder' is different than 'these documents' then? So what's the relationship between the notebook, the folder, and 'these documents' from a year ago? Is he saying that the journal includes stuff from Vesuvius and then jumps ahead to a year ago?

Riff first found a folder on Vesuvius. It's how he and Frog found the book of ughlee.
'These documents' were what Torg and Zoe found in another room.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:19 am 
Have we seen the Alaskan snowpires? Other than in the movie 30 Days of Night. I wonder if Riff is referring to vamps who are exactly like those. One shivers at the thought. And not just because of the cold.

Spirantz wrote:
endplanets wrote:

So, a Strakoigy. Are you even trying?

:torg: :torg:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:40 am 
tube_rat wrote:
FullMetalArchivist wrote:

Riff first found a folder on Vesuvius. It's how he and Frog found the book of ughlee.
'These documents' were what Torg and Zoe found in another room.

I don't think a folder was mentioned and I don't see one but I'm assuming you're right, thanks.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions