Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:03 pm 
@GUIGUI i think we need to give you a forum title of loremaster or something. your information is often very in depth and pretty thorough and sometimes even revealing by connecting the dots.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:24 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
tube_rat wrote:
@GUIGUI i think we need to give you a forum title of loremaster or something. your information is often very in depth and pretty thorough and sometimes even revealing by connecting the dots.

I don't always get everything right, but the moment I like something, I get involved in it, and if it has deep coherent lore and narrative, I get in it hard. I am quite certain a few here are more learned than I am, but I tend to bring up things of interest, and if someone ask a question, I am more than happy to answer, or correct them if I see they might misremember or be mistaken about something. I am sometimes afraid to be "That guy", though. The one who over-correct others and try to impose his view. I swear I try to behave, don't hesitate to scold me if I overstep some boundaries.

But, full disclosure, I wouldn't be able to deliver even half of the infos I have provided if it wasn't for the Niftysearch engine. The guys who works behind it are the true heroes and I own them most of my retrieved ref and infos digging, especially if I might not have well remembered something.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:43 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
eldion wrote:
Actually, we have seen Kusari get stabbed by a powered up Chaz and survive (minus one body of course). https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2018-01-17

Actually, pedantically speaking, Chaz was not powered yet. You can see in that strip that stabbing Kusari activated Chaz.

Well, you could say the exact same thing about the death of Kron or the death of Book Girl #2. Established precedent appears to be that innocent beings stabbed by Chaz are toast.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
eldion wrote:
Well, you could say the exact same thing about the death of Kron or the death of Book Girl #2. Established precedent appears to be that innocent beings stabbed by Chaz are toast.

The blade might have stayed longer for them. With that being said, if the Kusari bodies are only remote controlled, contrary to Oasis, that would explain why she survived.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:58 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
eldion wrote:

The blade might have stayed longer for them. With that being said, if the Kusari bodies are only remote controlled, contrary to Oasis, that would explain why she survived.

When Torg accidentally scratched Kusari, Chaz said "Any cut or stab from me, now that my powers have been unleashed, no matter how immortal you might think her, she will die."

Basically, Kusari body #? did not die that day because she was only scratched with an unpowered Chaz. That statement is true for any mortal being (with whom Torg can make contact).

Chaz has also said in the past, "Powered with the blood of the innocent I can kill most things that can be killed. Without the blood I am mute but still a force to be reckoned with."

That is, a mortal blow with any sword will kill. A blow with Chaz is more likely to be a mortal blow, even if he is unpowered. However, a scratch will remain just that, unless Chaz is powered before the scratch is made. Once Chaz is powered, even a scratch will kill.

In Kron's case, you might expect that even a mortal blow from an ordinary sword could not kill an him, as an immortal god. However, once Chaz is in contact with his blood and powered up, the equation changes... Since Chaz was still in contact with Kron when he powered up, Kron dies.

As for Oasis and/or Kusari, I believe that a powered Chaz can kill the body, but another clone would then be activated - until they run out of bodies... I do not think that Chaz can "infect" the entire collective of clones - or kill the souls that exist separately in each body by wounding one body - the memories are fed to the clones through artificial means, and do not constitute the soul. The artificial transfer is unlikely to be able to transmit the "infection" (or whatever you want to call Chaz's killing power). Technically, however, we are wandering into spec territory...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:19 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
But, full disclosure, I wouldn't be able to deliver even half of the infos I have provided if it wasn't for the Niftysearch engine. The guys who works behind it are the true heroes and I own them most of my retrieved ref and infos digging, especially if I might not have well remembered something.

True dat. I wouldn't be able to quote nearly as many situations if I couldn't find stuff so easily with NiftySearch.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions