Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:53 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Nothing much today. Just here, to let you know that Sir Pete has a magical sword called The Double You'ed Day of the Nes.

He doesn't use it that much, but it might be just the sword needed to vanquish the immortal monster called: The King Who is Too Far Wrong.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please don't forget to vote every day.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:32 am 
Well, he has already moved in to her mind

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:34 am 
Such is the power of Pete's story that only just now did I notice Gwynn is only wearing the equivalent of a few strands of toilet paper.

Last edited by Biscuit on Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:23 am 
Funniest strip I've read in a while! Thanks Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:15 am 
Following my similar comment yesterday:

I know this dialogue seems incredibly stupid and shallow from the king. (and funny!) But I want to stress how sadly realistic this is. So needy. So blind to the obvious, as to fit his own world view. So desperate to show off such little power he has. Such resilience to flowers. Not a single sneeze!

...not quite sure how Gwynn will get out of this one though.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:27 am 
Interesting that Farahn apparently has complete control over the Bug. Very clever of Gwynn to bat her eyelashes and get him to get rid of the Bug. If only it was permanent...

Gwynn may lose leverage with Farahn if she keeps barfing flowers on him though.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:21 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Interesting that Farahn apparently has complete control over the Bug.

Yeah, I am beginning to realize that I am confused as to the source of the magic. As far as I know Farahn wielded none before being consumed by the scroll and was delightedly surprised at the feeling of power immediately afterward - at least until he realized that he was imprisoned. From that part of the story, I had always assumed that K'Z'K | The Bug was the source of that power - not the scroll itself. So if K'Z'K is the source - how does Farahn have control? Because he "consumed" the Bug? Does Farahn have to be released before K'Z'K can be released? Can they be released separate from each other?

How much of the Book's power, then, was original from the scroll? Quint cautioned Allie to only add useless spells, but we know that Allie did not listen to her father. How much of what Allie added (and anyone else in the meantime) added to the power of the Book?

If K'Z'K is the ultimate source of the Power, and Farahn has figured out how to assert control, is there hope for Gwynn?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:19 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
(...)Does Farahn have to be released before K'Z'K can be released? Can they be released separate from each other?(...)

According To the previous Chapter (as well as K'Z'K's first appearance), they can be released independently of each other.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:57 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:
(...)Does Farahn have to be released before K'Z'K can be released? Can they be released separate from each other?(...)

According To the previous Chapter (as well as K'Z'K's first appearance), they can be released independently of each other.

Well, that is what I originally thought. However, when Farahn imprisoned K'Z'K right now, I am no longer so certain...
For instance, when Siphaniana was summoning her husband: If Maloufo had not killed her and she succeeded in releasing Farahn, would not K'Z'K come too, since he was technically put inside Farahn to start with? If Farahn gets out, it almost doesn't make sense that K'Z'K would not come along for the ride - of course, he'd still be imprisoned inside of Farahn...

I can, however, imagine that K'Z'K could get out separately, although it would seem to me that he would have to be released from Farahn first, and then the Book. But those events could happen nearly simultaneously. But could Farahn stop him? By the action we just saw, Farahn could apparently hold him back or force him to take Farahn with him...?

As for my last question, I agree with garyfritz that any hope may be diminishing with every flower-barf waterfall....

Oh, and I actually just reread Quint's part of making the Book. Apparently even useless spells added to Farahn's power - which did eventually build with each added spell... And K'Z'K only gets to play if he can manipulate properly. OK, so that much is recrystallizing in my brain...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:20 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
swmartian wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
swmartian wrote:

(...)

I can, however, imagine that K'Z'K could get out separately, although it would seem to me that he would have to be released from Farahn first, and then the Book. But those events could happen nearly simultaneously. But could Farahn stop him? By the action we just saw, Farahn could apparently hold him back or force him to take Farahn with him...?
(...)

He effectivelly did already. When I said "first appearance" I was talking about his first appearance in Sluggy Freelance.He jumped from possessing Farahn in the book to possessing Gwynn, before Riff and Torg managed to pull him out of Gwynn trhough the use of bad puns, right before sending K'Z'K back to the past in mediaval time. This K'Z'K was on his own, not possessing any Farahn.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:21 am 
Well, it looked like Farahn and K'Z'K became separated almost immediately after being trapped in the scroll (but how much of that is just a mindscape thing isn't really clear. Still it seemed to me that capturing K'Z'K in a person was essential to trapping him in the scroll, so I'm not really sure if he could remain trapped with Farahn released.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:13 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Well, it looked like Farahn and K'Z'K became separated almost immediately after being trapped in the scroll (but how much of that is just a mindscape thing isn't really clear. Still it seemed to me that capturing K'Z'K in a person was essential to trapping him in the scroll, so I'm not really sure if he could remain trapped with Farahn released.

here we see poopypants being released. no sign of farahn until he gets trapped back in the book. they definitely seem to be distinct when considering who can be released when.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:38 pm 
Nitpick: that wasn't poopypants being released. Gwynn didn't rename him until Zoe hit him with Dunuloa's egg, a week+ later: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-06-05

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:13 am 
The vomiting flowers punchline here is excellent!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:00 am 
tube_rat wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

here we see poopypants being released. no sign of farahn until he gets trapped back in the book. they definitely seem to be distinct when considering who can be released when.

Yes,I'm well aware that K'Z'K has been released without Farahn. I'm questioning whether the reverse is also possible, and no it's not a given, because K'Z:K was imprisoned within Farahn who was imprisoned in the scroll. It makes sense that K'Z'K could be freed from both, but if Farahn was freed,would K'Z'K really be left behind in the scroll or would he hop along for the ride? And,by the way, what you linked to was not K'Z'K being released from the book. You'd have to go WAY further back for that link.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions