Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:42 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Sir Pete has slayed all that which could be slain. Now he can breath easy while he rides into the sunrise atop his trusty steed, Plodding Plot. And with his magical sword Mon of the Day by his side, he can vanquish anything that would dare to question his iron-gloved rule over his kingdom.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please don't forget to vote every day.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:42 am 
Nice save, Gwynn!

If you read the words in her head in panel 2 they are what she is saying in the moment. Interesting!

I was going to go for a "King Farahan, he's not bad, he's just drawn that way" quip, but no, he really is that bad.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am 
That's a whole lot of flowers, Gwynn.

Good catch, Biscuit!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:10 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Not that this is bad writing, but is it me, or is it the creepiest Sluggy Freelance has ever been?

Last edited by GUIGUI on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:37 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Not that this is bad writing, but is it me, or is is the creepiest Sluggy Freelance has ever been?

The dialogue is creepily realistic. The words on my pages are crawling! If it sounds fake to you, then count your blessings!

also, love the details with the words in panel 2 on gwynn, and how she squeezes herself back together!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 am 
Farahn is a creepy dude.

But he had the "book of her soul" open. I'm surprised he didn't see that she was conning him. Or that she barfed a waterfall of flowers at the idea of hugging him...

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:35 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
I'm surprised he didn't see that she was conning him. Or that she barfed a waterfall of flowers at the idea of hugging him...

It could still go either way and I'd accept the results. He's a lonely narcissist who'd be willing to believe anything that fits his mindset. It's also really obvious she despises him. lol.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:49 pm 
I think Gwynn's gonna need to think fast to prevent K'Z'K from undoing her tenuous temporary safety.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:00 pm 
For the record, Farahn is terrible. Creepy. Evil. Manipulative within the limited power he has. And one of my least favorite characters to write for. The Bug who wants to create an extinction event to destroy us all is, by comparison, a delight. Onward!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:45 pm 
Rewriting someone's soul for your own benefit is terrible, creepy, and evil as Pete says.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:51 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Pete wrote:
For the record, Farahn is terrible. Creepy. Evil. Manipulative within the limited power he has. And one of my least favorite characters to write for. The Bug who wants to create an extinction event to destroy us all is, by comparison, a delight. Onward!

Farahn feels way more real and palatable than the Bug. That's the thing. All in all, it's easier to ignore/deny/dismiss the inevitability of our own mortality and, by extension, the end of everything, as it's an instinctive behaviour humanity has developed to avoid turning into teenage goths. But we always have to remain wary of people like Farhan.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:23 am 
Well, the Bug simply does what he does because he is the Destroyer, and it's his job to oppose the Creator. They are both pillars of reality. It can be no other way. The bug is intelligent and smiles and makes jokes.

I didn't think of that it would be tough for Pete to write a character, but I realize now that when you write, you have to keep the characters in your mind in a whole different way. Weighing different possibilies, based on their personalities. It would be a horror!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 am 
Pete wrote:

I can see why you had insomnia and writers block while trying to get inside that messed up (albeit well developed) mind. In contrast, I bet Gwynn misses the bug's approach right about now. :kzk:

I'm sure you will enjoy his (presumed eventual) demise more than we ever will!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions