Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday is here! You are required to rejoice.

hooray

----
Please vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 am 
The temple of domination. A horrible sight. She has gone too far! Good thing the bug is there to help out.

Really, it's a nice setting. I thought they would be in that lab-like room, but I guess in a fantasy dimension the setting can change frequently. Oh, the possibilities.

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:53 am 
The Bug, K'z'k, Kizke, Kozoaku, The Vowelless One, the Soul Collector, the Destroyer, the Snuffer of Sparks, the Bane of Life, the Negative Pillar of Creation, (and possibly Poopy Pants, depending on what part of which timeline you gaze upon Him) ... really knows how to play the long game, doesn't he?

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:13 am 
Hook, line, and sinker. :kzk:

Ever the master of subtlety, Pete. Lolz

edit: although I guess we haven't seen the sinker (yet) in this POV.

edit edit: I guess the sinker is actually the bait? I'm rusty on fishing terminology XD

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:50 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
edit edit: I guess the sinker is actually the bait? I'm rusty on fishing terminology XD

From Wikipedia: "A sinker or plummet is a weight used when angling to force the lure or bait to sink more rapidly or to increase the distance that it may be cast. " So different from the bait... I'm not sure what the "sinker" would be in the analogy with the Bug, but it would help him play the long game.

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:18 pm 
Pulling apart a metaphor into individual pieces for comparison is rarely a good idea anyway. Anyway. I lol'ed at it, so mission accomplished!

Post Posted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:47 pm 
So if one were to say they took the bait "Hook, line, and sinker" it's because typically the sinker is higher up on the line from the bait and if something took the hook and line so far into their mouth that they ended up with the sinker as well, that means they were so desperate to swallow the bait, they didn't even stop to notice the hook or the line and swallowed everything all the way to the sinker.

TLDR, it means they were duped so hard they swallowed everything basically

Post Posted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:03 pm 
vanhornRF wrote:
So if one were to say they took the bait "Hook, line, and sinker" it's because typically the sinker is higher up on the line from the bait and if something took the hook and line so far into their mouth that they ended up with the sinker as well, that means they were so desperate to swallow the bait, they didn't even stop to notice the hook or the line and swallowed everything all the way to the sinker.

Just so long as they don't get up to the hand.

Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:51 am 
vanhornRF wrote:

Ahh, thank you! :D

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions