Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Hey look at that!

I didn't forget that today was Wednesday.

Hooray me!

----
Please vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day, even if you forget!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:06 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
So long, Captain botanical, you will not be missed.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:12 am 
I don't suppose translation counts as speculation? I mean, I can "see it in the comic" even if everyone can't.

Rune-victim-guy is saying "When the fair maiden cried out to the open heavens... Are you right minded? Can I help you, young lady?"

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:48 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
VVK wrote:
I don't suppose translation counts as speculation? I mean, I can "see it in the comic" even if everyone can't.

Rune-victim-guy is saying "When the fair maiden cried out to the open heavens... Are you right minded? Can I help you, young lady?"

That was quite the nice drunkard. Didn't deserve this.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:12 am 
VVK wrote:

Thanks for the translation! Once upon a time, I learned to read those, but it's been decades...

Yes, poor guy, perhaps it's a holiday and he's on his way home, otherwise, it's not too wise to be out in this weather. Even if he is a drunkard, it's unlikely that he'd be far from town. But she did travel far north!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 am 
The rune-protected page in a cave looked very familiar, but that was in Egypt. Not likely to snow there, nor to be serenaded by a drunk singing runes.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
The rune-protected page in a cave looked very familiar, but that was in Egypt. Not likely to snow there, nor to be serenaded by a drunk singing runes.

i had the same thought but.... this one was cappy bo which you might remember was already reunited with the book. i don't know what the page they retrieved in pompeii was. so most likely now that they know how to rip a page out and keep it out - lather, rinse, repeat for the other 2 pages.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:42 pm 
AOL: I+forgot+my+password...
Please let me know if this belongs in the spec forum, but.... I’m a little confused about why pages have to be ripped out (with whatever magic will keep said page torn out) instead of using the bind/unbind spell page. Could anyone clarify?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 pm 
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:
Please let me know if this belongs in the spec forum, but.... I’m a little confused about why pages have to be ripped out (with whatever magic will keep said page torn out) instead of using the bind/unbind spell page. Could anyone clarify?

I think unbinding worked fine until Quint was sacrificed so that it auto rebinds any page that you try and unbind.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:51 pm 
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:

i asked that same question a few strips ago. there were some responses but i'm not satisfied with them.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 am 
Siphy asked the same question of the book, and got no answer. Comic from 3/23/21.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:25 am 
Farahn has certainly upped his creepy manipulative abusive boyfriend game since he became bookified. In life he was an angry buffoon.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:53 am 
Passiflora wrote:
Farahn has certainly upped his creepy manipulative abusive boyfriend game since he became bookified. In life he was an angry buffoon.

I was thinking the same thing, sheesh. this got dark

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 am 
garyfritz wrote:
The rune-protected page in a cave looked very familiar, but that was in Egypt.(...).
You mean Italy?

tube_rat wrote:
(...) I don't know what the page they retrieved in pompeii was. (...)
Page of binding and unbinding.

Passiflora wrote:
I could almost, ALMOST, empathise with him, in his desire to restore Siphaniana's mind and pinned down most of his evil on his upbringing as a king and being told he was a chosen of gods. His care for her seemed genuine to the point he would even make her pass over his own ego (unable to hold his word to kill Gwynn when she was possessing her body, making it seems like he only threatened her in the hope she would get her mind back) and it seemed Siphaniana actually loved her back, but now...

Either the bug twisted his mind and made him even worse than before, or he was always like this and Siphaniana would have set herself to a big fall and an awful life, had she not be whisked away and Mokhadun not fall. Or maybe that extend of care only ever applied to Siphaniana and nobody else. Who know?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 am 
Lauren_In_Cali wrote:

Because they actually plan to rip the page of binding out. Because it could be used to “undo” the Book of E-Ville.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2020-11-20

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions