Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Don't you just love waking up on Wednesday and killing End-Demon Cultists after breakfast?

Well I sure do!

---
Kill a cultist for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to kill one every day!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:35 am 
AOL: Eagle299
I said last comic that she had pretty much broken all of her father's dying wishes, save listening to the book. There goes that last one.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
I said last comic that she had pretty much broken all of her father's dying wishes, save listening to the book. There goes that last one.

And the rule about not adding the spell of binding. I see she is growing up to an independent young lady! Which is not necessarily a good thing. As a great king once said, "To think free is big, to think right is bigger".

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:09 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Eagle299 wrote:

Well, you could argue that she is actually not listening, as she is actually calling the cultists moron when KZK has told her not to. So, there is that.

as a matter of fact it even look like it's the book that listen to her.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:38 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:

And the rule about not adding the spell of binding. I see she is growing up to an independent young lady! Which is not necessarily a good thing. As a great king once said, "To think free is big, to think right is bigger".

Request 1: Do not add powerful spells to the book
Failed: Added the Cappy Bo spell in this strip.

Request 2: Do not add the scroll containing the spell of binding to the book. After adding one or two minor spells, destroy the scroll.
Failed: Explicitely stated that she bound the spell to the book in this strip.

Request 3: Take care of Ozzid, keep him hidden.
Succeded for the first part, unclear for the second part. I guess, these cultist won't tell anyone after the encounter...

Request 4: When you hear the book talking to you, do not listen.
I guess, having a conversation with the book must be considered failure for this request.

Request 5: Do not follow in your fathers ways of arrogance.
This is a very soft target. The arrogance of Quint was a mixture of intellectual hubris and Etruscan superiorism. So this can still be counted as a success ...

So it's still a two of five ... :D
But the story isn't over yet.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:12 pm 
The little guy in the background looks familiar.

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 1999-07-30

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am 
Lindley wrote:

Wow! Good catch!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 am 
StatisticMan wrote:

This is a very soft target. The arrogance of Quint was a mixture of intellectual hubris and Etruscan superiorism. So this can still be counted as a success ...

I would think turning yourself into a cultist-hunting, spell wielding, superhero with a demon sidekick just might be considered a tad arrogant in some circles ...

It looks like she is well practiced with battle spells and mad skilz; doesn't look like her first outing since Pops passed.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:22 am 
Biscuit wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:

I would think turning yourself into a cultist-hunting, spell wielding, superhero with a demon sidekick just might be considered a tad arrogant in some circles ...

It looks like she is well practiced with battle spells and mad skilz; doesn't look like her first outing since Pops passed.

I guess she found her own ways of arrogance.
She was just told to avoid her fathers ways.

Perharps Quint sould have phrased it better ... :D

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:18 pm 
Lindley wrote:

yeah that's definitely the same demon. dang Pete made a deep dive reference there.

anyways, i feel like i don't remember the Road To Bjorkea arc at all....hmm. probably just that this comic has been going so long and there's so much that happened that some of it's slipped out the other end. Eh, i guess that's what the refs are for

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:25 am 
Biscuit wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:

Plus, she's earned a name for herself with the cultists. That wouldn't pre-exist on a first outing.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions