Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Don't you just hate it when a demon decides to take up residence in your body? Tuesday sure doesn't like it.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:34 am 
I'm glad, Servra made it out of this alive. For now ...

Other thought:
Then I'm not sure if I'm reading to much into it, but Allie is talking Latin (an Indo-European language of the neighboring city stae of Rome) whereas the language of the still independant Tarchuna by that time was Etruscan (a Pre-Indo-European language). When the city is introduced, the comic uses the Etruscan word "Tarchuna" (Latin: Tarquinii).

Perharps this is for convenience because Latin is more recognizable as an ancient language of that time which a few readers will be able to understand.
But on the other hand, ... yeah, I'm probably reading to much into it.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 am 
I kinda think deliberatly being demon possessed isnt a good idea....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 am 
Genre savvy before the genre existed. Respect.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:45 am 
So, possession is a matter of a battle of wills between whomever is the (attempted) possessed and the possessor...and the strongest will wins?

I feel sorry for Farahan if he walks Gwinn's body past a BOGO sale on high-end shoes!

And now I have spec on what being a 'potential' means ...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 am 
Biscuit wrote:
So, possession is a matter of a battle of wills between whomever is the (attempted) possessed and the possessor...and the strongest will wins?

I feel sorry for Farahan if he walks Gwinn's body past a BOGO sale on high-end shoes!

If that is how the final battle goes down I will keep for joy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:38 am 
possession is nine-tenths of the law after all. the girl appears to be wearing a sash like her father, perhaps with that B symbol? i wonder.....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 am 
Biscuit wrote:

That's how it worked when KZK tried to possess Gwynn during the "look behind you" story. The bug tried poking and prodding spirit to get her to lose her will, and she won by being more resilient and throwing him into his own trap.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:35 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
Biscuit wrote:

That's how it worked when KZK tried to possess Gwynn during the "look behind you" story. The bug tried poking and prodding spirit to get her to lose her will, and she won by being more resilient and throwing him into his own trap.

Something funny is that I already knew that, and gathered that, and understood you when you made this post but... somehow it took reading this line for me to "get" Gwynn's character. I've been frustratedly annoyed at Gwynn's character occasionally, and I never really related that hard-headedness with the strong will she needs to be able to handle her possession. This sudden "aha!" doesn't really increase my respect much for her personality, but it DOES increase my respect a ton for her *character*.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:41 pm 
Sounds more like Quint is possessing the demon to me. Either way, I would say it's an unnecessary risk and Quint is exhibiting hubris.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:39 pm 
Seems like playing with fire even if the demon isn't strong enough to override his will... I wonder what he gets out of it? Sounds like maybe magic, but ... if he has no innate magic, how did he 'craft' this spell to bind the demon? I guess we've never really learned where spells come from in the Sluggyverse.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:03 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Sounds more like Quint is possessing the demon to me. Either way, I would say it's an unnecessary risk and Quint is exhibiting hubris.

Agreed...I have a hunch that Quint's course of action will not go to plan.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions