Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:10 pm 
Chaz! Nooo! D:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Reactions:

1- THANK YOU FROG, FOR SAVING US!
2- Thank you for the rope, Kiki!
3 - Not the laser cannon! What's the hurry?!? Argh!
4- Egads! Poor Chaz! WHYYYYYYYYYYY! Someone feed him so we can get a reaction/explanation!

These reactions +
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
...The Book seems to have sort of sucked that page in despite neither Farahn nor the Bug wanting it, and after having fought Farahn to get it...

Yeah.... I sure hope that was a page the gang needed and not one the bug needed!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 pm 
Something else weird... if Gwynn can fly around, levitating people &etc, then why did she climb up the rickety ladder (& almost fall down the hole), crawl back in the cave, etc ? Glowy flight would have solved both the "accessing the page" and "seeing the page" problems.

Interesting that the page was in a runic circle, yet there was no (apparent) blow-back when Gwynn took it. Maybe the Book overwhelmed whatever defense was in the runes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:04 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Something else weird... if Gwynn can fly around, levitating people &etc, then why did she climb up the rickety ladder (& almost fall down the hole), crawl back in the cave, etc ? Glowy flight would have solved both the "accessing the page" and "seeing the page" problems.

Interesting that the page was in a runic circle, yet there was no (apparent) blow-back when Gwynn took it. Maybe the Book overwhelmed whatever defense was in the runes.

Farahn was trying to stop her, she couldn't access the magic. Either he isn't trying anymore (because that wouldn't accomplish anything), or else he can't for some reason. Apparently the book wants something too and can give her power without Farahn, see here

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:37 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
garyfritz wrote:
Most likely, the runic circle was just to prevent the book from pulling it back in. Once Gwynn started pulling it out of the circle, the spell was broken.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Oh no! Poor Chaz!
I hope one of the off panel lines of magical light is grabbing Frog!

Frog is sitting on Riffs shoulder in the second to last panel.

Oops, somehow, I missed that!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 am 
I think I'm more upset about Chez than I am about anything else. Chez is easily one of my favorite characters and seeing him hurt makes me want to cry. (Which is silly since he is just a sword.) Torg needs to find a way to fix him.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 am 
The only thing I'm left wondering is, is there anything on the other end of Kiki's rope and if there is will it teleport with them?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:49 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
So a god says that he cannot destroy Chaz, yet Torg's body weight can bend him? How? Something is not right here.

I'm sure a little sip of innocent blood and he'll be all better

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:39 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Eagle299 wrote:
So a god says that he cannot destroy Chaz, yet Torg's body weight can bend him? How? Something is not right here.

I'm sure a little sip of innocent blood and he'll be all better

It's true that the sword was still activated by innocent blood, when Time Father tried to destroy it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
RowenMorland wrote:
Chaz bending is genuinely shocking. I always thought its durability matched its killing powers.

Yes that's surprising. Torg said that Chaz was unbreakable. Chaz modified that to "nigh unbreakable". So, relying on Chaz's own words, I thought it would be pretty darn difficult to break, though not impossible.

Well, strictly speaking Chaz is bent, not broken apart. How much does that hamper its ability to function as a sword? I think it may well be crippled enough to count as broken.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:32 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
RowenMorland wrote:
Chaz bending is genuinely shocking. I always thought its durability matched its killing powers.

Yes that's surprising. Torg said that Chaz was unbreakable. Chaz modified that to "nigh unbreakable". So, relying on Chaz's own words, I thought it would be pretty darn difficult to break, though not impossible.

Well, strictly speaking Chaz is bent, not broken apart. How much does that hamper its ability to function as a sword? I think it may well be crippled enough to count as broken.

I mean....there are curved and other 'bent' swords in the world? Usually intentional though, so....

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions