Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:22 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday just happened to noticed that its Steam account turns 16 today. Just thought it was interesting is all.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:09 am 
The contrast between that first big panel and the rest of them! The first image is quite disturbing, but then you read the "true love" part of the text . It's quite a juxtaposition!

The inside of the room, wherever it is, reminds me of the inside of Jeannie's bottle from I dream of Jeannie...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I keep trying to think of something to say that expresses what I felt about this comic, but mostly I just burst out into giggles when I try.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Those teeth. I do not like those teeth.

edit: Farah is saying here he doesn't actually love Gwynn, right? He only loves himself?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Well at least we now know what exactly was written on Gwynn's face.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:21 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Dodger77 wrote:
Those teeth. I do not like those teeth.

edit: Farah is saying here he doesn't actually love Gwynn, right? He only loves himself?

Farahn is full of himself, but his love for Siphaniana was real (and so was Siphanian's love for Farahn), but it comes in conflict with his own pride, inflated by his initial king status. Gwynn is unfortunately caught in the middle of that.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-12-09

It's to be noted that how Siphaniana was able to have the King so in love precisely was by playing with his ego and self worth.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-08-15

Gwynn desires to be as little in contact with Farahn, but from the point of view of Farahn, he might not see it differently as how Siphaniana acted with him.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Farah is saying here he doesn't actually love Gwynn, right? He only loves himself?

It's less that Farahn is saying he doesn't love Gwynn, as much as he's so arrogant that he believes giving up a little of his personal time to think about her is a monumental romantic gesture.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:09 am 
Farahn's love of Siphaniana was real but he was an absolute power hungry, murderous tyrant, and the way in which he controlled his love was something that fit in with the era and what we'd expect from an ancient king, but not something to condone when you look at it with modern sensibilities.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:23 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
RowenMorland wrote:
Farahn's love of Siphaniana was real but he was an absolute power hungry, murderous tyrant, and the way in which he controlled his love was something that fit in with the era and what we'd expect from an ancient king, but not something to condone when you look at it with modern sensibilities.

Obviously.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:26 am 
It's been mentioned before (sorry don't have a link handy) that Gwynn's power comes from the book and not the bug. Here we see Farahn and the bug because the bug was made mortal by hosting him in Farahn. So does Farahn's power then come from the bug or the book (and thus ultimately Gwynn's power)?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:15 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
The contrast between that first big panel and the rest of them! The first image is quite disturbing, but then you read the "true love" part of the text . It's quite a juxtaposition!

The inside of the room, wherever it is, reminds me of the inside of Jeannie's bottle from I dream of Jeannie...

Glad I'm not the only one who saw Jeannie's bottle! I guess we should also start calling Gwynn "Major Gwynn". She HAS been to space, afterall!

....By gum, I think we've cracked Pete's code!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 am 
tube_rat wrote:
It's been mentioned before (sorry don't have a link handy) that Gwynn's power comes from the book and not the bug.

I believe Gwynn's power comes from the Book, but the Book's power came from K'z'k (not the Bug) through Farahn.

Dunuloa trapped Kozuaku in Farahn (and Krohnus renamed him to K'z'k), then she trapped Farahn in a scroll. And the Book was built around the scroll sometime later. I don't know about the power of other pages (like the one that freed Captain Botanical) -- that power may have come from K'z'k too -- but I think Gwynn's power came from K'z'k, through Farahn, through the Book.

Gwynn freed K'z'k from the Book and he possessed her, and Torg freed him from Gwynn. Then Riff sent him back in time, where he ended up running into the Book of Güd and Zoe, and being near-destroyed and scattered.

(I'm not sure but I think the Bug didn't exist as a separate entity until K'z'k encountered the book of Güd. After squishing the Bug existed in a weakened state, in parallel with the "full K'z'k" that was still in the Book in a parallel time flow, until his parts were called together and reconstituted in the desert of Tunisia.)

Wilcott and the demons reconstructed all his parts, but then Zoe and Dunuloa's egg trapped the full K'z'k back in Farahn & the Book again (and Gwynn renamed him PoopyPants). And Farahn now recognizes Gwynn as Siphy, and is feeding her more power -- again, from K'z'k, err, Poopypants. Farahn apparently has control of Poopypants' power.

But things could get sketchy if the Bug messes with Farahn and turns him against Gwynn.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:13 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
I see the "ropuik" glyph next to Kozoaku's symbol – inside the book where the Destroyer is imprisoned. That does not seem like a good sign.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:52 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Rombobjörn wrote:
I see the "ropuik" glyph next to Kozoaku's symbol – inside the book where the Destroyer is imprisoned. That does not seem like a good sign.
Not only that, but our good buddy the PUN DEMON. BE AFRAID. BE VEEEEERY AFRAID!!!!

:pun:

*waggles fingers*

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:05 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
It's been mentioned before (sorry don't have a link handy) that Gwynn's power comes from the book and not the bug.

I believe Gwynn's power comes from the Book, but the Book's power came from K'z'k (not the Bug) through Farahn.

Dunuloa trapped Kozuaku in Farahn (and Krohnus renamed him to K'z'k), then she trapped Farahn in a scroll. And the Book was built around the scroll sometime later. I don't know about the power of other pages (like the one that freed Captain Botanical) -- that power may have come from K'z'k too -- but I think Gwynn's power came from K'z'k, through Farahn, through the Book.

Gwynn freed K'z'k from the Book and he possessed her, and Torg freed him from Gwynn. Then Riff sent him back in time, where he ended up running into the Book of Güd and Zoe, and being near-destroyed and scattered.

(I'm not sure but I think the Bug didn't exist as a separate entity until K'z'k encountered the book of Güd. After squishing the Bug existed in a weakened state, in parallel with the "full K'z'k" that was still in the Book in a parallel time flow, until his parts were called together and reconstituted in the desert of Tunisia.)

Wilcott and the demons reconstructed all his parts, but then Zoe and Dunuloa's egg trapped the full K'z'k back in Farahn & the Book again (and Gwynn renamed him PoopyPants). And Farahn now recognizes Gwynn as Siphy, and is feeding her more power -- again, from K'z'k, err, Poopypants. Farahn apparently has control of Poopypants' power.

But things could get sketchy if the Bug messes with Farahn and turns him against Gwynn.

Thank you for that excellent analysis.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions