Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Had and extra day to lay around and turned into a potato. So to get rid of that extra starch around the middle, I'm going to work out and become a Fryday.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:08 am 
Basphomy can be quite scary, as befits a queen of darkness and conquerer of bedbugs. Mr. Stitches looks like a strong fellow, but I wonder if Basphomy has powers and physical strength with which to command the respect of her servants, or if they obey her simply because she is the rightful queen of Halloween.

How fitting that this story appears now. Around Halloween. Such great timing to work it in like that.

I went to the cemetery in the evening on Halloween, to look at the candles. There was like a flood of candles, where they are placed for the cremated, or where people place candles for those whose graves are too far away for them to visit. I brought a girl who hadn't seen the candles before, she was very moved by the sight. The ashes are spread over the grass there. I told her that the spirits of the dead move around over the ground at night. And it was dark when we were there. But lots of people since it was All Saints' Day. She would never have dared go there without me. We saw a hare run across the grass, and I told her the spirits of the dead take the form of hares sometimes.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:13 am 
"I will have vengeance on those who wronged me." Yes, that's what I assumed, but I also assumed it was the reason she was at that particular hotel. It sounds like there's another reason.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:42 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
So this was a reference to when Basphomy disrespected the Pumpkin King and he too powered up and yelled at her? Right?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:35 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Does Basphomy have any beef against The Great Pumpkin-headed King of Halloween? I mean, if anything, she is the one who betrayed him.

Did he do something against her in the exclusive story of Book 11?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:24 am 
Finally story kicks into high gear. I missed this.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:10 am 
Spec: Riff's next girlfriend.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:52 am 
It's been helpful to have a review of the non-Hereti corp and Oasis story lines! It seems so much will come into play!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:32 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Spec: Riff's next girlfriend.

LOL !!!

Silverwalker wrote:
Mr. Stitches looks like a strong fellow, but I wonder if Basphomy has powers and physical strength with which to command the respect of her servants, or if they obey her simply because she is the rightful queen of Halloween.

Oh she has powers all right. She can enter your dreams and make your sleeping hours a living hell. And if I understand right (e.g. with Mrs. Santa) she can *trap* you in that hellish state.

So Basphomy is evolved from Bast. I wondered what Bast was. Before this she was only mentioned twice.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:21 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Does Basphomy have any beef against The Great Pumpkin-headed King of Halloween? I mean, if anything, she is the one who betrayed him.

I'd say she has beef against him for stealing her holiday, however that came about. She also has beef with Bun-Bun though. He's the one who devised the cage she's been trapped in all these years. Apparently the egg didn't undo that. Or the Pumpkin-headed King liked the idea so much he decided to run with it

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:03 pm 
Man, it feels like the Holiday Wars were just yesterday, rather than 16 years ago.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:

I'd say she has beef against him for stealing her holiday, however that came about. She also has beef with Bun-Bun though. He's the one who devised the cage she's been trapped in all these years. Apparently the egg didn't undo that. Or the Pumpkin-headed King liked the idea so much he decided to run with it

I don't think Bunbun devised the cage. Rather, he just put her back in it, when he had all the holiday power.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions