Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:34 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 5685
Location: Someplace other than where I am.
Well...Thursday is here and ready for it if there's a strip today.


----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 299
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Scary scars (quite in the tone of the season, by the way).

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 735
ICQ: 1
Yahoo Messenger: 11
The stale odor of inevitable death and and hopeless despair. But enough about every book store.

Gotta say: I feel the "meanie pants" face app for that smart tablet isn't going to be a top seller.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1685
Oh dear. Now Pete is throwing in some Brian Rammar and Sharon Gall references? And there were digbots in the background of one of those references. Who's next? Santa?

I think Pete may be cooking up a Sluggy Endgame where he brings back every character in the niftyverse into one plotline. Too many characters! If only we could get rid of half of them.... :bunbun:

Good luck, Pete! Stay good!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1291
Location: under a pile of papers
Spirantz wrote:
Oh dear. Now Pete is throwing in some Brian Rammar and Sharon Gall references?

What are the references to Rammer in the today's strip? Or are they only in the links?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1685
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Oh dear. Now Pete is throwing in some Brian Rammar and Sharon Gall references?

What are the references to Rammer in the today's strip? Or are they only in the links?


Links. Isn't he dead in this universe?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:18 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 299
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Spirantz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Oh dear. Now Pete is throwing in some Brian Rammar and Sharon Gall references?

What are the references to Rammer in the today's strip? Or are they only in the links?


Links. Isn't he dead in this universe?

As far as we know. The circumstances of his death are still unclear.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2007-09-26

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:47 am
Posts: 1716
GUIGUI wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Isn't he dead in this universe?

As far as we know. The circumstances of his death are still unclear.

Unclear? The day after your link, they zipped his bloody corpse into a body bag. It's only unclear if you think he pulled of a fake-death-switcheroo.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:09 am
Posts: 57
garyfritz wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Isn't he dead in this universe?

As far as we know. The circumstances of his death are still unclear.

Unclear? The day after your link, they zipped his bloody corpse into a body bag. It's only unclear if you think he pulled of a fake-death-switcheroo.


I was wondering this myself: Yes, Rammer is most certainly dead - however, I know there was a whole sub-mission of Zoe/Torg/Gwynn to try to prove Brian Rammer was Dr. Schlock's son - with the underlying assumption that Dr. Schlock had him killed. I don't remember any evidence that Dr. Schlock was behind it - am I missing something?

Zoe Confront Dr. Schlock, who didn't buy the assumption, or own up to killing Brian Rammer.

Torg saying "Besides, seems like a crappy move to crush Hereti-Corp and then be like "Hey Dr. Schlock here's proof you had your own son murdered."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:59 pm
Posts: 1892
Location: In "Still" waters...
Freecain wrote:
I was wondering this myself: Yes, Rammer is most certainly dead - however, I know there was a whole sub-mission of Zoe/Torg/Gwynn to try to prove Brian Rammer was Dr. Schlock's son - with the underlying assumption that Dr. Schlock had him killed. I don't remember any evidence that Dr. Schlock was behind it - am I missing something?


Rammer was collateral damage. Schlock did not order his death directly. According to his own whining, he did not even order Hong's death directly. But as Kusari points out, he is complicit; and not altogether sorry.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 299
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Isn't he dead in this universe?

As far as we know. The circumstances of his death are still unclear.

Unclear? The day after your link, they zipped his bloody corpse into a body bag. It's only unclear if you think he pulled of a fake-death-switcheroo.

I didn't say "his death" is unclear, but the circumstances of it.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 pm 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1459
Not that unclear. We only got the sounds of gunfire (which was probably from his gun), while being shown the outside, but that plus the Schlock dialogue afterward pretty well gives the "circumstances.". We know where it happened, we know when it happened, we know why it happened, and we know who did it. What else do you want? Precise cause of death? Well, the way they wrote it up was that Hong was "slashing up his guests." Given that and we know who the killer was, most likely the cause of death was wounds inflicted by kusarigama.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: