Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:14 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday is too shell-shocked about Aylee's new look to say anything.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:26 am 
And a whole new potential for the titular Immortal King has arisen!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 am 
Wow, everything is getting tossed into this one.

All we're missing is Oasis now, right?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 am 
Alexa-enabled! A great place to hide indeed. And returning to an address that the demon cult knows about might not be the best idea. Maybe that's how the cult found them so quickly?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:46 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
And returning to an address that the demon cult knows about might not be the best idea.

Oooh, good spot. But it doesn't look like the same location. That one looked like it was in town, this is more rural/suburban.

Kesandru, Oasis was my first thought when I saw "mangled bodies" too. But she doesn't go full "Override B-1" any more so I think she's a lot less likely to leave a trail of bodies at the local mini-mart or hC location.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:28 pm 
And she never ate parts of people or drained their blood, as far as I know.

garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:
And returning to an address that the demon cult knows about might not be the best idea.

Oooh, good spot. But it doesn't look like the same location. That one looked like it was in town, this is more rural/suburban.

Looks like exactly the same place to me. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-04-23 The tree's even in the same spot. Why they'd go back there is beyond me though. One of the closest calls they've had and they KNOW those demons are still around somewhere.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
And she never ate parts of people or drained their blood, as far as I know.

garyfritz wrote:
Rombobjörn wrote:

Looks like exactly the same place to me. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-04-23 The tree's even in the same spot. Why they'd go back there is beyond me though. One of the closest calls they've had and they KNOW those demons are still around somewhere.

Debatable... The logo on the sign is different. While the skyline is quite similar on the left, it is just a bit different on the right (although that could arguably be a difference due to time).

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:35 pm 
I just wanted to point out the newspaper article "on the corner of Reilly and Owful" - terrible puns pete, you got a snort out of me though.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:56 pm 
Riff is truly a motel pioneer!

Pete's puns are potent as always, and you gotta love that description of a newspaper! Awesome. I like to say that a newspaper is like a news site printed out.

Izzy a vampire? I have forgotten about that. But I remember Sam was stuffed away, and that was the best scenario for all, as it kept both the Balkan vampires and Sam at bay.

Clagger's inconspicious Inn & Suites - "A great place to hide". I bet they raise no eyebrows if you pay in cash.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm 
You didn't forget. Izzy's not a vampire. Her brother became one though before Riff killed him and she belongs to Urja's family. For that matter Izzy's not a vampire hunter either. More a vampire fleer. She did plant bombs to end things with Urja when she turned her brother but she typically runs where vampires are concerned. Riff's fear of running into her is not necessarily rational and may just be based on the association of having met her in a situation surrounded by vampires. Then again, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect she's keeping tabs on vampire activity.

Last edited by Lord Golbez on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Riff's fear is because he was married to Izzy in 4U City. Or at least, his alternate version was. (Also, 77th strip this year. Neat!)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:48 am 
A gruesome gruesomeness! Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Looks like exactly the same place to me. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-04-23 The tree's even in the same spot.

Debatable... The logo on the sign is different. While the skyline is quite similar on the left, it is just a bit different on the right (although that could arguably be a difference due to time).

Hm. I grant you [Lord Golbez] the first frame of the comic you ref'd looks a lot like today's strip, and I may have to concede the point due to that. That hotel apparently has a split personality.

Today's strip shows a rural setting, surrounded by trees, with low cottage-style accomodations (at least as much as we can see).

When the demons caught up with them at the last Clagger's, it looked much more urban with large buildings and no trees. The lobby elevator shows 8 floors -- doesn't look like the low-cottage motif of today's strip.

Apparently the hotel has pastoral surroundings AND multi-story neighboring buildings, low cottages AND an 8-story main building!?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:58 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
Apparently the hotel has pastoral surroundings AND multi-story neighboring buildings, low cottages AND an 8-story main building!?

The chameleon motel - "a great place to hide." LOL

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:18 am 
I mean, the weirdly different looking building when they shoot their way out notwithstanding the panel here clearly doesn't look any more rural than the initial panel showing the inn in the Mohkadun story, so it doesn't serve as a basis for assuming it's a different place. Also the similarities in the treeline on the left are so substantial that I can't believe it would be so similar without Pete at least using the previous panel as a reference and I can't imagine why he'd do that if it's not meant to be the same place.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions