Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:18 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Maybe what looks like low cottages are actually the tops of two eight-story buildings? In that case there may be lower buildings around, below the panel frame. Some of the eight floors might also be basements.

There are paved roads and streetlights nearby, but also plenty of trees. A city illuminates the sky not too far away (panel 5), and there's this big structure, whatever that is. I'd say the surroundings are neither rural nor urban but a suburb.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 am 
Pete's process:. Hmm, a tree here would look nice. May as well draw it how I usually do, since it's just a tree. It's nothing important.

Reactions forum: WE HAVE DISCOVERED A HIDDEN PLOT THING THAT WILL PREDICT WHO ATE WHO!!

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:10 pm 
That's a gross mischaracterization. First of all there's more than the tree and a tree aligned with a building in the same spot is not equivalent to just drawing a tree in isolation "how he always does." And there's nothing about a hidden plot hole here either. Just an argument about whether it's the same place. In fact that's such a gross mischaracterization, I feel like you're gaslighting me now.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:20 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Why is everyone assuming it's an eight story building ABOVE ground?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 pm 
LOL Zil, you have a point. It could be a secret underground bunker!

I'm sure this isn't significant, but in the spirit of dissecting everything looking for... something...

The first panel of the older image that Lord Golbez ref'd and the first panel of 9/25's strip look like exactly the same place (at different times of day) with one big difference: the knife-looking-thingie on top of the sign is significantly larger in the recent image. Other than that, they look so identical that the larger knife-looking-thingie is pretty suspicious.

(I was afraid of this. The Dropbox image I linked was just a temporary file, and without that I can't insert the image directly. Please click HERE to see the comparison. We now return you to your previously-scheduled conspiracy theory, which is already in progress...)

Don your tinfoil hats! I'm sure the Illuminati are involved ...

(My God was that really more than 7 years ago !?????????)

Last edited by garyfritz on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:02 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
That's a gross mischaracterization. First of all there's more than the tree and a tree aligned with a building in the same spot is not equivalent to just drawing a tree in isolation "how he always does." And there's nothing about a hidden plot hole here either. Just an argument about whether it's the same place. In fact that's such a gross mischaracterization, I feel like you're gaslighting me now.

Yes. Iz joke. :torg:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:27 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:
Looks like exactly the same place to me. https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2013-04-23 The tree's even in the same spot.

Debatable... The logo on the sign is different. While the skyline is quite similar on the left, it is just a bit different on the right (although that could arguably be a difference due to time).

Hm. I grant you [Lord Golbez] the first frame of the comic you ref'd looks a lot like today's strip, and I may have to concede the point due to that. That hotel apparently has a split personality.

Today's strip shows a rural setting, surrounded by trees, with low cottage-style accomodations (at least as much as we can see).

When the demons caught up with them at the last Clagger's, it looked much more urban with large buildings and no trees. The lobby elevator shows 8 floors -- doesn't look like the low-cottage motif of today's strip.

Apparently the hotel has pastoral surroundings AND multi-story neighboring buildings, low cottages AND an 8-story main building!?

It is, perhaps, worth nothing that in neither of the first panels from this strip nor this one show the ground. So there is no reason to assume that they are "low cottages" and not simply the top floor of an 8-story hotel building. The gang appears to have a suite, which in my experience (from years of conventions) is usually on the upper floors of such hotels.

Also, I am just realizing that the Claggers logo appears to be a cloak and dagger.

CLoak & dAGGER = Clagger

Well played, Pete!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:22 pm 
That newspaper bit was VERY "Airplane!" of you, Pete. I approve

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions