Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:17 am 
StatisticMan wrote:
Oh no, it's bun-bun.

I don't get, why so many fans love this rabbit, taking into account all the death and destruction he has caused - willingly and mostly unpunished. (I guess, it's okay as long it's all fictional...)

On the other hand, What you can really say about this cute little bunny, is that he is a great plot driver - either as protagonist or as antagonist.

So yay, he's back ... ?

cheering for a goodie two-shoes superman is boring. People like fictional edge.
Luckily Bunbun has such an edge. :bunbun:
Although you tell him to his face that his edge is fictional and we'll see him prove otherwise with the pointy end.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:07 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
cheering for a goodie two-shoes superman is boring. People like fictional edge.
Luckily Bunbun has such an edge. :bunbun:
Although you tell him to his face that his edge is fictional and we'll see him prove otherwise with the pointy end.

Yeah, but Bun-bun is the complete anti-thesis of a goodie two-shoes superman. Just the other extreme. I personally prefer mixed characters like Riff, Gwynn or even Schlock.
I guess the good thing about Sluggy is that Pete provides us with a whole bunch of characters and each one can cheer for his or her own favorite. :aylee: :gwynn: :kiki: :bunbun: :riff: :torg: :zoe:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:20 pm 
Bun-Bun is kind of the antithesis / counterpoint to Zoe. She's mostly sweetness and light, wouldn't hurt a flea. (Though K'z'k might disagree!) Bun-Bun is psycho, but in a funny way.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:13 am 
StatisticMan wrote:
Oh no, it's bun-bun.

I don't get, why so many fans love this rabbit, taking into account all the death and destruction he has caused - willingly and mostly unpunished. (I guess, it's okay as long it's all fictional...)

His violent nature is for comedic effect. There's a difference between that and actual violence in the comic. Torg and Riff can be beaten up by Bun-Bun in one strip over a lost remote control, and then be just fine, because it's a joke. Having a gun aimed at you by Hereti-Corp is different.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:59 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
StatisticMan wrote:
Oh no, it's bun-bun.

His violent nature is for comedic effect. There's a difference between that and actual violence in the comic. Torg and Riff can be beaten up by Bun-Bun in one strip over a lost remote control, and then be just fine, because it's a joke. Having a gun aimed at you by Hereti-Corp is different.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I get your point.
But on the other hand bun-buns violence had a lasting effect on Squishy-dodo, he has killed humans and elves and he has threatened to kill memebers of the main cast. You see some parallels to Hereti-Corp.

Of cause he has done it in a humourous way than Hereti-Corp, but that makes him at best entertaining and not really likeable.

But probably that's something of personal taste. There are characters like Eric Cartman or Belkar Bitterleaf from Order of the Stick or Richard from Looking for Group who are quite similiar and have their fan base as well...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I don't see a reaction thread for tonight's comic (September 3rd).

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:10 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Kajin wrote:
That oversight has been corrected.

The offending party will be flogged.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Kajin wrote:
That oversight has been corrected.

The offending party will be flogged.

This flogging is unwarranted! I demand that the offending flogging party be flogged!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions