Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:17 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 5696
Location: Someplace other than where I am.
It's Wednesday...after a very long wait.


-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.

Please remember to vote everyday.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 784
Location: snuggling Kittens
Well.... thats one way to be one with the book

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 314
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Surprised there isn't a reference to Lady Gwynn of the Book and her Book of Ro'thar-Niece, there.
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2004-11-17

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2000
Location: Sweden
Farahn, the not so good king. And he communicates by bookpages, because he is trapped in the book. That is clever!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 am
Posts: 214
Location: Massachusetts
Wuh-oh.

And it looks like both Riff *and* Torg get points for honesty ... as it appears neither took advantage of the clothing shop with the absent proprietor they 'zapped' back near. Still wearing their Anima obtained clothes, slowly turning to rags with wear.

I just hope they had the foresight to pick up Emergency Pants (TM).

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1697
Yay, new comic!

Spec: Gwynn and the King's final oneliness form is that of a platypus.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:24 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 am
Posts: 250
Biscuit wrote:
Wuh-oh.

And it looks like both Riff *and* Torg get points for honesty ... as it appears neither took advantage of the clothing shop with the absent proprietor they 'zapped' back near. Still wearing their Anima obtained clothes, slowly turning to rags with wear.

I just hope they had the foresight to pick up Emergency Pants (TM).

I don't see where you see what Riff is wearing. The two panels he's shown up in since the shop only show his face and shoulder, and that could just as easily be a white t-shirt as skin.

You also have to look really closely to notice that Zoes anima dress was as worn and unpresentable. Most panels it looks fine with some jagged edges around the neck that could just be frills, but going all the way back to Anima - Revolution (and the end of Culmination, but she's an out-of-focus statue there), you can see the dress had long sleeves and a turtleneck that have both apparently been ripped out, and maybe some of the length as well.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:47 am
Posts: 1723
I think Farahn is mixing up his women? I mean just because they swapped bodies... Gwynn was in her own body when Farahn said "this power... all yours" BUT he called her Siphaniana. It was Siphy who loved him. I assume Gwynn was actually talking to Kron, but Farahn thinks he's talking to Siphy? And that's worrisome for Gwynn.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:57 am 
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:42 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Beverly MA
I love that image of Kiki sleeping on top of Frog, glad they're keeping him around.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1711
Location: aboard the Fool's Folly
maslego wrote:
I love that image of Kiki sleeping on top of Frog, glad they're keeping him around.

And Frog seems to be smiling in his own sleep. Awwww!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 314
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:
Wuh-oh.

And it looks like both Riff *and* Torg get points for honesty ... as it appears neither took advantage of the clothing shop with the absent proprietor they 'zapped' back near. Still wearing their Anima obtained clothes, slowly turning to rags with wear.

I just hope they had the foresight to pick up Emergency Pants (TM).

Where do you get the shopowner being zapped from?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:06 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1304
Location: under a pile of papers
Yay! A new sluggy! It's great to see then again. It's nice to know that Torg is paying attention to what's going on with Gwynn, despite being understandably distracted by wedding things.

But something is going to change abruptly with Gwynn, and no one will like the result.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 am
Posts: 54
Gwynn is one I always wanted to see a happy ending for. She's been honestly tortured for so long. Now she's going to have an ancient god after her, too, by all indications.

Poor Aylee, too. I remember how heartbroken she was at being abandoned last time. Now they've been gone for years yet again.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:38 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 am
Posts: 250
garyfritz wrote:
I think Farahn is mixing up his women? I mean just because they swapped bodies... Gwynn was in her own body when Farahn said "this power... all yours" BUT he called her Siphaniana. It was Siphy who loved him. I assume Gwynn was actually talking to Kron, but Farahn thinks he's talking to Siphy? And that's worrisome for Gwynn.

Siphy loved Farahn, Farahn loved Gwynn, and I'm pretty sure Kron loved Siphy. It was Gwynn's "hard to get" attitude that made Farahn fall for her

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 314
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Sotanaht wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
I think Farahn is mixing up his women? I mean just because they swapped bodies... Gwynn was in her own body when Farahn said "this power... all yours" BUT he called her Siphaniana. It was Siphy who loved him. I assume Gwynn was actually talking to Kron, but Farahn thinks he's talking to Siphy? And that's worrisome for Gwynn.

Siphy loved Farahn, Farahn loved Gwynn, and I'm pretty sure Kron loved Siphy. It was Gwynn's "hard to get" attitude that made Farahn fall for her

Farahn already loved Siphy way before Gwyn got there. Gwyn has speculated she is Siphy's reincarnation and this is why she get Farhan's love:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-07-08

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: