Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am 
It seems that Rana has been making some unwise choices.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:57 pm 
I guess my memory is off on this, but I thought it was previously confirmed that Basphomy was made by Bast, rather than being another name for the same construct.

It's possible that I'm just getting confused because original spec was that Baphomy was Dunuloa, and it later turned out that Basphomy/Bast was made by Dunuloa and somehow over time my mind added an extra layer to that and thought Bast made Basphomy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:11 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
Do we know when the second Egg was used? I couldn't find it.

The page I mentioned previously is the only mention of its use
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-12-14
So, apparently used when Santa started to be celebrated, if we want to make that interpretation of Santa claus.
This, depending of when people started to actually use that name, at the beginning of the 19th century, or if we go by earliest figures from which Santa Claus emerged, like the UK Father Christmas, around the 16th century, Or even around the 4th Century if we actually want to trace it back to the original Saint Nicholas. But we are getting in speculation area, there. And "between the 4th and 19th century" kinda lack precision, to say the least.

Mao wrote:
And silly old me thought that the Holiday Wars storyline would no longer be relevant to the main plot. Very excited about this!

Also interesting that Dunuloa is calling Basphomy "her servant" and relishing whatever she's going to do in Halloween when in the story of Mr Sticks we see Basphomy intentionally acting against the wishes of the Moon Twin.

My guess would be that it's probably actions like this that lead Basphomy to lose her dominion over the duty of inspiring fear to humanity leading to the Pumpkingheaded King to get in charge.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:23 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
I'm rather curious as to why Rana is asking how Kron is doing when she was there when he died. [spec]

We choose to remember what we choose to remember, don't we, tube_rat?.

Yea, I wrote that in the spec forum as I assumed it was considered spec. I suppose we'll find why she doesn't know Friday (hopefully).

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:35 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-05-20
So, apparently used when Santa started to be celebrated, if we want to make that interpretation of Santa claus.

Waaaiiiitttt... Basphomy said it was used "when my time was just beginning" ... Dunuloa created Basphomy after the big show-down with K'z'k when Kron and Breda were killed, AND she created a spell egg at just about the same time. Which wasn't used until later, when Gwynn found it and Zoe threw it at K'z'k.

Could that spell egg be the second Deus ex Ovum?? Naahhhh, it was created by Dunuloa, not Zeus. Hm.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:51 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Greek gods come way after Mokadun anyway. the Deus Ex Ovum are probably fabricated on the same principle, but they were made by god.

Someone had pointed out before that Basphomy consider she only came around the time of the use of the second egg. Maybe reborn from Bast to Basphomy?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
garyfritz wrote:

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2014-05-20

Waaaiiiitttt... Basphomy said it was used "when my time was just beginning" ... Dunuloa created Basphomy after the big show-down with K'z'k when Kron and Breda were killed, AND she created a spell egg at just about the same time. Which wasn't used until later, when Gwynn found it and Zoe threw it at K'z'k.

Could that spell egg be the second Deus ex Ovum?? Naahhhh, it was created by Dunuloa, not Zeus. Hm.

I don't think the spell egg that Zoe threw was created around the same time as Basphomy. It was in the basket of eggs that Dunuloa left (forgotten) in the sands of Mohkadun. So she had to have created it before the fight and left it. Then sometime after the sands buried the city, she created Basphomy. I don't recall there being any mention of the origin of the deus ex ovum.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:45 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
(...)I don't recall there being any mention of the origin of the deus ex ovum.

Mentioned there, 7th frame:
Zeus made them when he felt his time was about to come.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 pm 
GUIGUI wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
(...)I don't recall there being any mention of the origin of the deus ex ovum.

Mentioned there, 7th frame:
Zeus made them when he felt his time was about to come.

lol, I was just a few comics away from reading that one!
So Mrs Claus mentions that Bun Bun was there when the second one was used. Then she says time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope. At the end of the Holiday Wars story, Bun Bun is thrown out of the tower of time. Again. Boy, that rabbit sure gets around. I guess this must mean this is the second time the deus ex ovum was used on him.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:23 pm 
Love that Pete slipped in the ref that includes the "Sluggy's Freelance now!" bit.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
So Mrs Claus mentions that Bun Bun was there when the second one was used. Then she says time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope.

Bun-Bun WAS there (in the form of Sluggy, God of Power) when Dunuloa made the eggs. She was showing them to Gwynn/Siphy when she first demo'd Asahn's huge arm. And in fact he was nearby (in Tunisia) when Zoe threw the egg at K'z'k.

I don't know when else an egg was used and Bun-Bun was there.

Mrs. Claus said "a young Santa" had custody of the last two eggs. That could have been the Krig, and after they passed from his care they ended up in the sands of Tunisia?

GUIGUI wrote:
Someone had pointed out before that Basphomy consider she only came around the time of the use of the second egg. Maybe reborn from Bast to Basphomy?

I don't know anything about Bast. The **ONLY** time the name "Bast" was mentioned before this strip was when old Maloufo talked about the trip through the desert. And "Bast" looked a lot like Basphomy.

Dunuloa said "Mr. Stiks freed my servant Basphomy."
Rana: "What's a Basphomy?"
Dunuloa: "You don't remember my construct, Bast?"

I think she's talking about the same thing/person. I think Bast IS Basphomy, just a nickname. And I think Basphomy was created shortly after K'z'k was defeated. (Frame 8, working sketch up on the wall)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:41 am 
THE HOLIDAYS! It's like Christmas!

...I mean it is Christmas. And Easter, and Halloween, and Thanksgiving, and Groundhog's Day, and Groundhog's Day, etc...

[edit]
Also I like that this finally puts to rest exactly who's eyes have been watching the Fate Spiders all these years

Last edited by Yodimus_Prime on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:43 am 
garyfritz wrote:
Bun-Bun WAS there (in the form of Sluggy, God of Power) when Dunuloa made the eggs. She was showing them to Gwynn/Siphy when she first demo'd Asahn's huge arm. And in fact he was nearby (in Tunisia) when Zoe threw the egg at K'z'k.

The 3 Deux Ex Ovum that protect the holidays were explicitly made by Zeus. But where likely made on the same principle than the Dunuloa's eggs.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:24 am 
Kajin wrote:
Huh. Interesting. I thought she was Basphomy.

Hmm.

I got spec on the brain.

Nay, Basphomy claimed to have been split off by Dunuloa's will.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:19 am 
garyfritz wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
So Mrs Claus mentions that Bun Bun was there when the second one was used. Then she says time doesn't always work as smoothly as one would hope.

that was not a deus ex ovum that zoe threw. and like GUIGUI has pointed out more than once, zeus made those eggs, not dunuloa.
what i was saying is the holidays needed to be reset before and bun bun was there and perhaps was the first time he was thrown out of the tower of time and/or at the center of whatever was going on just like he was in the holiday wars story.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions