Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:54 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday just read someone say something so utterly stupid and brain-dead, that it can't think of anything else to say here.

It's just...

*sigh*

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote everyday.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:06 am 
I guess Schlock never told Frog about the demons.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:07 am 
I like everything about today's strip. The thoughtful reflection by Torg, analysis by Riff, and of course "audible gasps" reaction in the last panel.

we never know for sure if what feels like a conclusion really is a conclusion in Sluggy, but if this is the conclusion, I think it works well.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:12 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Yes, Frog, she means that, very, very literally.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:25 am 
I feel like this strip is Pete warning us that he's not going to explain why or how anything in this arc happened.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:37 am 
ZylonBane wrote:
I feel like this strip is Pete warning us that he's not going to explain why or how anything in this arc happened.

Oh, it's ZylonBane again, showing up now and then to spread hatred against the story with copy-paste messages like this one. It's always this, a comment that has nothing to do with the actual strip as you don't actually read it. Some might ask what compels you to do this at random intervals. And looking at your number of posts, you've been at it for a long time.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:00 am 
GASP! A Tuesday cliffhanger!

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:01 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Tuesday just read someone say something so utterly stupid and brain-dead, that it can't think of anything else to say here.

It's just...

*sigh*

You REALLY need to stay off the rest of the internet this year. Nothing good will come of it.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:20 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
we never know for sure if what feels like a conclusion really is a conclusion in Sluggy, but if this is the conclusion, I think it works well.

In a normal story this would be a great logical conclusion.

But I'd be pretty surprised if Pete didn't have a zinger or two yet.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:35 am 
garyfritz wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

In a normal story this would be a great logical conclusion.

But I'd be pretty surprised if Pete didn't have a zinger or two yet.

Exactly, we need to see them living "happily ever after" in the worst possible way. Also "without monsters" is just tempting fate.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:15 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I guess Schlock never told Frog about the demons.

Is it irony that Frog owes his intelligence to demons, given that Chilus (it was Chilus, right?) was behind the whole mad science project that engineered the nerd bug he swallowed (and then spat out)?

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm 
And there I was thinking that the audible gasps were because Gwynn said that Torg was right about something.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:38 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
ZylonBane wrote:

Oh, it's ZylonBane again, showing up now and then to spread hatred against the story with copy-paste messages like this one. It's always this, a comment that has nothing to do with the actual strip as you don't actually read it. Some might ask what compels you to do this at random intervals. And looking at your number of posts, you've been at it for a long time.

That makes sense because I was going to say Pete actually did explain what happened pretty much to as much degree as any reasonable person would want.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:21 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
ZylonBane wrote:

Chill, Silverwalker. Not everything has to be a fight between you two. Not sure where you think that comment is copy-paste from. I felt that was exactly what Riff was saying in this strip. Others have commented each time the gang has leaped into the next time zone that we were leaving things unexplained. <shrug>

Pete implied early on that this storyline was supposed to be light - but his brain simply doesn't behave that way (fortunately). So we get an interesting story-arc to entertain us for a while, but one that will not get tied up neatly with a bow. I'm OK with that - you're OK with that. So chill. If others want to comment or complain, let them. Their opinions are also valid (at least in this case, I think they are). No need to get into a shoving match here.

Last edited by swmartian on Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:59 pm 
Rhakios wrote:
And there I was thinking that the audible gasps were because Gwynn said that Torg was right about something.

True, that's also gasp-worthy to them! After all these years, they still really haven't come to grips with Torg's insightful side, balanced as it is by his goofiness.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions