Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:22 pm 
AOL: alkthash
You know what this plotline needs? For Riff to pull out his laser cannon and start blowing stuff up. Think about it we haven't seen that in a while. And Riff is heading down this path because he keeps getting angrier with the cloners.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:37 pm 
No, what this plotline needs (once again) is a cute talking bunny :bunbun:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:21 am 
AOL: alkthash
Laser cannon! :riff:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:46 am 
(Heavy Breathing)
I find your lack of faith disturbing.....
*whooshCOUGHHACKHAHCKGHHKKKkkk*
<rant>
No, seriously, maybe I'm just easily amused, but I'm finding this whole thing rather amusing. But I've got a theory on why everyone's gnawing on this storyline like a leg in a bear trap.

As we went through TWR, everyone began getting used to the huge strips that came every day, with lots of drama, a good dose of humor, and plenty of story advancement. The huge strips help every piece of that off, giving the chance to write more and do more, which means you can set up alot more that you cant do with a regular three-panel.

Unfortunately, as a result of the grandosity of TWR, people have come to expect every piece of Sluggy to be just as grand. I know I found myself annoyed with the abruptness three panels brings...but..then I just reset myself, reminding myself "Hey, this was orginally a three-panel-a-day-except-for-Sundays-comic" and that the whole Huge Panels of TWR were more like Sluggy Special Edition.

So, basically, this isnt a 'crash' storyline like some people are starting to bemoan; its simply smaller, nowhere near as grand as TWR. You just have to get used to it, thats all.

</rant>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:29 am 
I don't care if Sluggy Freelance is grand and sweeping in scope. What I do care about is if it's funny or not. Even in the middle of TWR there were parts that just made me chuckle. But I've not found much to make me chuckle in the current storyline. Sunday's strip was cute, and the for sale sign on Aylee's cocoon was cute... but the rest of it was bland and unimaginative.

If it isn't amusing me, why read it? I mean, I can read *Garfield* if I want bland and unimaginative.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions