Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:24 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
Friday night is more fun than Pippin in Green Dragon!

[Deleted comment. PLEASE do not post before the comic is up!]

Last edited by drummer_dude on Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:09 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Yes! This what I was saying all along: Torg wanted to kill Horribus, but that would interfere with his mission, to loose the Goodness. Had he been able to, he would have done both, but he couldn't take the chance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:11 am 
Beta Tester of DOOM!
AOL: ChicagoDog77
See! See!

HE READS REACTIONS!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:14 am 
Ah, deep philosophy through web comics. Is there any other way?

But it would have been vengeance that gave him redemption, so actually he sought both in trying to kill the demon king.

Would redeeming himself from failing to protect Zoë have been selfish redemption, while helping Bun-Bun is unselfish? I think not. Both stem of love for something outside him: love of Zoë, love of Bun-Bun, or in the latter case maybe love of the world he is trying to save, so in fact, both seem just as unselfish to me.

Aww, Bun-Bun is cute in that strip, now that I look back at it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:22 am 
I AM VINDICATED!
God... I mean Pete does exist. I knew it. I knew he was up there.

REPENT NONBELIEVERS! YOUR TIME IS NIGH!

Last edited by BlankSlate on Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:23 am 
If Torg had killed Horribus, Alt-Zoë would still be just as dead. Also, as Pete pointed out, if Torg hadn't done as he did, alt-Bun-bun might have confronted the Demon King alone... and been killed, which would mean that Torg failed him as well.

Post subject: What Pete missed!
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:25 am 
"Horribus didn't promise to keep her safe"

That's the one that puzzled all 7 of us. In fact, still doesn't make any sense now. No theories, however twisted or incoherent or highly speculative could be made about it.

1.05 out of 7 poings (and one "oops behind the couch - shorry") for explaining the obvious and missing the unclear next to it!

Last edited by relax on Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:26 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
If Torg had killed Horribus, he might not have had the time to set free the Goodness, keeping in mind that the sword is time-limited. Had that happened, the whole thing would have been a failure and Alt-Zoe would have died for nothing. Torg couldn't take a chance on that, so he turned his back on Horribus and continued his mission.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:27 am 
Alt-Bun would have hid under the frige when the Demon King came. There he would make a pact with the lord of the my underpants who had resided there for centuries.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:29 am 
Blackcat Moebius wrote:
If Torg had killed Horribus, Alt-Zoë would still be just as dead. Also, as Pete pointed out, if Torg hadn't done as he did, alt-Bun-bun might have confronted the Demon King alone... and been killed, which would mean that Torg failed him as well.

I think Torg wasn't thinking, or just wanted alt-bun bun out of harm's way knowing he wouldn't reach the top faster than Torg.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:35 am 
"Horribus didn't promise to keep her safe."

That's the key to that sentence: the emphasis that should be there but is missing. He means: I am the one who promised to keep her safe, and failed. (I had to ponder that one too.)

Anyway . . . I still think he could have just hollered to Bun-Bun to wait a moment, and then killed Horribus. Sure, it wouldn't bring Zoë back to life, but it would stop him from killing any other humans, and it would have caused the demons a serious blow to lose their leader. (Okay, we know that he was used up as their leader, but Torg didn't know that.)

Then he could have caught up with the waiting alt-Bun, gone demon king-fighting and smote two demon bosses in one day. The sword seemed to be powered up for a pretty long time, and by now Torg knew how long it lasted, and knew he'd have time for both Horribus and the evil king.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:38 am 
AOL: JakRhee
This is just.. the best filler week ever. Gettign questions answered and we FINALLY learn for sure that Pete DOES read reactions. I mean.. wow... this is just.. wow...

On Torg's Redemption comment.. thats pretty much what I thought. Not precisely, but I was close.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:52 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Anyway . . . I still think he could have just hollered to Bun-Bun to wait a moment, and then killed Horribus. Sure, it wouldn't bring Zoë back to life, but it would stop him from killing any other humans, and it would have caused the demons a serious blow to lose their leader. (Okay, we know that he was used up as their leader, but Torg didn't know that.)

Then he could have caught up with the waiting alt-Bun, gone demon king-fighting and smote two demon bosses in one day. The sword seemed to be powered up for a pretty long time, and by now Torg knew how long it lasted, and knew he'd have time for both Horribus and the evil king.

It seems simple in theory, but Demon Lords can only be killed by stabbing them through their dark soul with a magic weapon or beheading them. Chaz only gave Torg a fifty-fifty chance, which, altough pretty high as far as fighting Demon Lords goes, would still put the fate of the world on a coin flip. Torg couldn't risk that. Now, the Demon King is extremely vulnerable to magic weapons, like Chaz, because he's ethereal and has no body to protect his dark soul.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:16 am 
Quote:
It seems simple in theory, but Demon Lords can only be killed by stabbing them through their dark soul with a magic weapon or beheading them. Chaz only gave Torg a fifty-fifty chance, which, altough pretty high as far as fighting Demon Lords goes, would still put the fate of the world on a coin flip. Torg couldn't risk that. Now, the Demon King is extremely vulnerable to magic weapons, like Chaz, because he's ethereal and has no body to protect his dark soul.

[/quote]
Plus Horribus had completely lost it at this point which would've affected the outcome of the fight.

I think what Pete's saying is that it's a 'needs of the many over the needs of a few' deal. To choose to save the world instead of avenging someone you loved.

FWIW I think that getting the demons out of the DoL was a better way of honoring Alt-Zoe's memory then killing Horribus, and Horribus did get his comeuppance in the end.

Icz

Post subject: Huh
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:19 am 
I don't see how people didn't get that. I got all of it right away.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions