Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
We appear to be experiencing some (ISP) technical Tuesdays. The end of the universe will have to be postponed to another day as a precaution.

Please do not be concerned.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:09 am 
Someone's gotta stop that bunny.

And that Zoë. She is totally hooked on expanding social circles online. Like fifty percent of all twenty-something womenfolk. Especially the ones who can put up attractive pictures. Hmm ... I wonder if we can make them show up in the Sluggy forum....

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Silverwalker wrote:

And that Zoë. She is totally hooked on expanding social circles online. Like fifty percent of all twenty-something womenfolk. Especially the ones who can put up attractive pictures. Hmm ... I wonder if we can make them show up in the Sluggy forum....

They're already married.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:35 am 
This sidestory has made me kind of not like the main cast. This extended obsession with social media isn't very fun to read, for me. It'd probably be different if one of them didn't like it, but the only one who seems to have no interest is Bun-Bun, and his entire character is focused on being negative. There's Kiki but all the moments with her in this arc have made me dislike the three human members of the cast even more.

Basically my problem is the entirety of the cast has been generally unpleasant for a bit too long.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:08 am 
Viridiant wrote:
This sidestory has made me kind of not like the main cast. This extended obsession with social media isn't very fun to read, for me. It'd probably be different if one of them didn't like it, but the only one who seems to have no interest is Bun-Bun, and his entire character is focused on being negative. There's Kiki but all the moments with her in this arc have made me dislike the three human members of the cast even more.

Basically my problem is the entirety of the cast has been generally unpleasant for a bit too long.

Thankfully in the Sluggyverse there is karma. Soon enough one (and all) of them will be in enough trouble or physical pain that it will wipe off any negative things they did.

EDIT: Also, Bun-Bun is badass with a Chuck Norris bandana.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 am 
WLM: [email protected]
pierreb wrote:
EDIT: Also, Bun-Bun is badass with a Chuck Norris bandana.

That's what that is? I thought it was a knit cap.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:43 am 
Viridiant wrote:

My first thought at the sight of Bun Bun was "Yay! I think the arc is almost over!"

Also... I'm not sure how abusing people makes up for watching them be jerks for several weeks. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 am 
Viridiant wrote:
This sidestory has made me kind of not like the main cast. This extended obsession with social media isn't very fun to read, for me.

Me too. This story is good at lampooning social media as the self-absorbed time-wasting black hole it tends to be, but enough already. I want the main characters to be good people again, instead of ferret-starving bleaters.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 am 
LobosSolos wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

They're already married.

No I'm not.

But then I'm not exactly "twenty-something"...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:34 pm 
Viridiant wrote:

I don't think they are being jerks. They are just obsessed with social media, much like when Torg and Riff were obsessed with Years of Yarncraft. They aren't being mean to anyone.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 am 
For some reason, YoY felt different. Hard to say why. Maybe we're just whiny.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:41 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
I don't think they are being jerks. They are just obsessed with social media, much like when Torg and Riff were obsessed with Years of Yarncraft. They aren't being mean to anyone.

You can see enough of social media obsession in "real life", so the joke got really old really fast. Fun material for maybe 1-2 strips, not for an entire story arc. Now, instead of being fun or having exciting adventures the cast are just being annoying, much like their real-life social media obsession counterparts.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions