Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:57 am 
ramoss wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
So next new comic will be March 9th or 10th...

Well, we have a long, long wait on our hands.

Since Sluggy has access to a time travel it was LAST march 9th or 10. we just didn't realize it yet.

Huh. Go bAck through the archive and look for the spoiler!!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:26 pm 
test?

test successful! (top of news says test at the time of writing).

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 am 
So Pete accidentally said 'March' and meant 'April'...

Officially NOT a mistake in 2020.

In fact, in history, the two may end up being knowns as "Marpril 2020" due to the virus lockdown.

(And hopefully not something worse, like Marpray, or heaven forbid... Marcember...)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:00 am 
I also support this being March.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 am 
Spirantz wrote:

Let's jump to the time when all this is resolved, and we will have a nice backlog of Sluggy to read.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Maya gets to go hang out with Aylee as part of the "our dimension got wasted". If only someone from the Anime-Verse tagged along.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:30 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

Let's jump to the time when all this is resolved, and we will have a nice backlog of Sluggy to read.

Okay, but as long as my work somehow gets done as well! And I remember how I did it! This was going to be an interesting year for me ...

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am 
Flipping the switch is great! We all need that these days! I'm looking forward to chapter 73, The Immortal King...That title is very intriguing.... Many thanks to your family for helping you!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:56 am 
Good luck with the new computer!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 am 
My computer needs fixing now too, since I read about yours. CAHOOTS! They're in cahoots, I tells ya!!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm 
Dear Pete,

Please take a week off. Just take a nap. It's cool, really! The whole world is stressed out right now. A vacation is welcomed!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:25 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Dear Pete,

Please take a week off. Just take a nap. It's cool, really! The whole world is stressed out right now. A vacation is welcomed!

So my boss recently tried to get us all to plan some time to "unplug" and to get an accountability pal to make sure that we really do unplug. I live by myself, so she offered to be my accountability pal and wanted to know what I was doing to unplug. I told her that she was actually being unhelpful. That I had things on my 'to do' list that needed to get done and that the only way I was going to gain some form of sanity and stop stressing out was to start making progress on that 'to do' list; and that the last thing that I needed was her adding to the 'to do' list by expecting me to do 'unplug' things. In other words, telling Pete to take a nap may be supportive, but it's just adding one more thing for him to do. LOL

That said, Spirantz's first suggestion - take a week off is appropriate. Everyone should have vacation time. If we have to go without the comic for a week, we will not only survive, but we will come out a winner in the end, because an unfrazzled story teller is going to give us better comics than a stressed out one. That vacation week will give you some time to pare down that 'to do' list and get some real sleep. For that matter, I personally do not care if you miss a month of bookmarks and pawnz - and it does not bother me if you are late with them. And Book 21 will come when it's good and ready. Take a deep breath, Pete. The only deadlines you have are the ones you give yourself. Give yourself some slack and get some sleep!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:57 am 
lol, actually I have 2x big things due this next month. I'm taking 2 days off after submitting the first one (next week??), then a whole week off after the next one.

It combines the joy of getting things done with the joy of telling work (no matter now much you like it) to bugger off :)

Throughout the past 3 months I've treated myself to a few half days, but it just wasn't giving that long term rested feeling.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 am 
I know what it's like to have insomnia. Take a rest, reset yourself. We'll have something to look forward to!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 am 
I *used* to have insomnia. That feels like a lifetime ago now. It's very easy to obsess over a million different things, and even worse *gasp*, trying to figure out how to synthesize all of those crazy little things together to deliver something good and not let people down.

Ultimately, I just let some of that stuff go and fall off the table and switched to something new. I enjoyed that for a while, and ultimately, that was a lot of work too! But I eventually returned to my stuff and have been enjoying it a lot more since I learned to better deal with it. That was a several year process, though... and I still keep exceptionally busy nowadays.

Ironically, finding a creative output is still recommended to artists suffering from a creative block. It just has to be simple and different so you can feel a tiny sense of accomplishment while being relaxing, without worrying about the quality too much at the end. It's just for you. We haven't seen stick figure weeks, random art days, or etc. in a very long time. Did these use to fill that gap? I can only imagine what kind of grand, intricate plotline you're aiming for with the immortal king, and the reintroduction of the Mohkadun (sp?) gods. That's gotta be stressful.

Try something simple and different for a while :) Maybe something you're bad at or don't have much experience with. That way it's easy to make progress and not beat yourself up over the quality? e.g., I've never been an arty person, but I started making some puppets a while back (including the one in my profile picture). I had no idea how to sew, even. Just googled a few things. They make me smile and were very therapeutic! Just looking at them makes me smile, even years after making them :kiki:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions