Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:24 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday is early...for reasons.

You know Tuesday would very much love for Lord Poopy to end the world, but it can wait. Having to wait many more millennia is not that bad, honestly.

What's really interesting though, is what's Chilus truly up to? Helping Lord Poopy to end the world seems...unlikely.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote every day until the world ends.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:19 am 
Zillatain wrote:

What's really interesting though, is what's Chilus truly up to? Helping Lord Poopy to end the world seems...unlikely.

Agreed.

I wonder why the strakoi want the envoy dead, too.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:07 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Welp, it has happened anyway.

I just come to the realisation that as those demons seem to actually possessing human bodies (as seen in an earlier comic) this both a demons AND humans sacrifice. This is a double whammy.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:39 am 
Curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal!

No worries, though: As Zilletain states the victory of the inevitable Lord Poopy-Pants is going to happen to this Spark eventually.

I *thought* I knew what the Stratkoi wanted, but apparently not. Perhaps we will find out before Poopy snuffs them out like the Envoy's two shadow guards that popped in the first panel.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Biscuit wrote:
(...)I *thought* I knew what the Stratkoi wanted, but apparently not. Perhaps we will find out before Poopy snuffs them out like the Envoy's two shadow guards that popped in the first panel.

From what I understand, they have considered there could be several different outcomes and came to the conclusion was that any of those would be beneficial to them, hence them playing along and doing their part no matter what.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:42 am 
Kesandru wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

Agreed.

I wonder why the strakoi want the envoy dead, too.

I don't think they want him dead per se. They just want the cult to "owe" them for his sacrifice more than they want him alive.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:42 pm 
I'm still (more) confused. If this doesn't help achieve the cult's goal, why would they owe the Strakoi anything?

And yeah, I've wondered about that whole "after I do this last huge and suspiciously final thing for them, they'll grant me immortality" bit.

And did the two guards actually disintegrate, or just transport out somehow?

So many (more) questions...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:51 pm 
I have no idea what the Strakoi could want. But I always remember this quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

Spike : We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." It's just tough-guy talk. Struttin' around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I *like* this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United... and you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here... But then, someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction...

I doubt the Strakoi are as whimsical as him, but he raises a good point. Who actually wants the world to end? They seem ok with that as a potential option…

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions