Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:49 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
But I'm not sure what the "end point" is? Looks like a knocked-down shack... I suspect that's where the Book is supposed to be? So they can aim all this magical energy onto Poopy-Pants?

I think the end-point is the smaller pavillion where Lady Tomb was at the podium with the Book, as seen (sorta) here. We're just seeing it from an overhead perspective rather than from a forced/POV perspective.

As for what that would do? That's surely spec.

Also, oh crap.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:30 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Do we fully know yet what that funnel is supposed to do? Seems like it somehow directs the demons into the circle... for some... purpose... eh, I got nothing.

Sharon Gall said the big end (where the demons are trapped in the bleachers) is a "sacrificial hopper." The "sacrifice" will be converted to "immense energy" (probably not a good thing for those demons) which condenses into the "convergence circle" (where the Strakoi envoy is), then releases the energy for magical effect at the "end point." But I'm not sure what the "end point" is? Looks like a knocked-down shack... I suspect that's where the Book is supposed to be? So they can aim all this magical energy onto Poopy-Pants?

I'm not sure. I don't know that the funnel is meant to do what everyone (mainly KZK and the gang) thinks it will. I'm not convinced Tomb wants to free KZK, or if she does, it's not to end the spark. There's nothing in that for anyone, literally.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:52 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
garyfritz wrote:
(...)Looks like a knocked-down shack... I suspect that's where the Book is supposed to be? So they can aim all this magical energy onto Poopy-Pants?

All we know is that it's the shack where Tombsy has her quarters.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:34 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Jymbob wrote:
I've scrolled back a ways, but can't figure it out. Are we supposed to know who "some dweeb" is? I was expecting a ref

It's likely the envoy since he's surrounded by the 2x tall strakoi thingies.

Ah yes, "envoy-conduit" no less, how'd I miss that?!

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?chapter=73#2022-09-28

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:56 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
garyfritz wrote:
But I'm not sure what the "end point" is? Looks like a knocked-down shack... I suspect that's where the Book is supposed to be? So they can aim all this magical energy onto Poopy-Pants?

I think the end-point is the smaller pavillion where Lady Tomb was at the podium with the Book, as seen (sorta) here. We're just seeing it from an overhead perspective rather than from a forced/POV perspective.

Yep, that is exactly it. That is where Tombsy was standing with the book, where the "big energy" would probably help to free Poopy-Pants. But now it's out of place, as was mentioned by the Strakoi in the Strakoistrat Shadow Parliament. Who knows what sort of trouble that might cause.
I am hoping that maybe the big energy can be used to get Gwynn out of the book.

I was kind of hoping to see where Aylee ended up in the overhead, but I don't see a little figure that seems to represent her. I guess she would be above Torg/Zoe/Sam, so out of view.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:44 pm 
Hmm...Bun-Bun is currently wielding Chaz.

Probably a good thing that Santa isn't around.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:13 pm 
Pete..... I know you are very busy...and sometimes you are even sick....but when oh WHEN will you get back to 2 (or 3) comics a week? The suspense is killing me! Your stories are TOO amazing!

BAH! :bert:

(ps, I wuv you... :kiki: )

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions