Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
There's a chance Wednesday might be late for its day. Not sure how a day can be late, but that's what it told me.

So it will be early instead. Still not sure how that works either...

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day. Whenever that might be...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 am 
They were really in a bind. But luckily the bookbinder was sloppy with the glue so Gwynn came undone. At least that's how I saw it framed.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:34 am 
Technically not a reaction to today's strip...
I was reviewing the most recent story, and I suddenly saw Farahn's bad 'toupee' on his Farahn/Gwynn statue (the one that Gwynn breaks apart to see the gang in statue form - ie. the monument to what Gwynn truly wants.)

Most recently seen here: https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2022-08-31

Guess that the Immortal King of All Mankind is a bit anxious about his current chrome dome image (and I use that term literally, as he appears to be 'shiny' in this form...)

Interesting (to me, at least) that he doesn't seem to give himself a toupee in his art, or even as part of his current 'look'. Sure, it is likely a throw-away joke by Pete at Farahn's expense, but it seems to be there every time you see the Farahn part of the statue. (It's even on Gwynn's version of the same statue, although somewhat slipped backwards!)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:09 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
The darker version of Alt-Gwynn becoming the book
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2004-11-17

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:54 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
And so, Gwynn become the fourth bride of the book...

I just want to point out that the way Gwynn's change was drawn look great. It's quite the enthralling design, if I can say so and the expression it convey to the end is touching.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:04 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
They were really in a bind. But luckily the bookbinder was sloppy with the glue so Gwynn came undone. At least that's how I saw it framed.

I know we've seen this coming since That Which Redeems, but seeing it actually happen just leaves me shredded. I know Pete won't just leave it like that, we'll see Gwynn have the last word.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:39 am 
Wow, well done! The words as Gwynn breaks apart demonstrate how a sorry can be told in different ways. The way she breaks apart was both elegant and tragic. I agree with SDF3, we'll still see triumph!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:41 am 
In the fifth panel, her eyes are diamonds with the upper white and lower part dark. Isn't that the symbol of one of the Mohkadun gods? The pyramid of Man and the pyramid of the Gods?

I also think the unraveling of Gwynn is some great art. Although the 'completely irreversible' comment in the underlying script is worrisome.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:39 am 
Gwynn! :gwynn:
Nice imagery Pete.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:17 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Biscuit wrote:
In the fifth panel, her eyes are diamonds with the upper white and lower part dark. Isn't that the symbol of one of the Mohkadun gods? The pyramid of Man and the pyramid of the Gods?

That was Kron's symbol, yes, but he didn't draw it two-colored. The rhomb has also consistently been associated with the book and with Farahn's book form. Lady Gwynn of the Book had the same rhombic pupils.

So how many minutes before Farahn shelves his four of hearts and becomes the Bug's best buddy again?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:52 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Biscuit wrote:

That was Kron's symbol, yes, but he didn't draw it two-colored. The rhomb has also consistently been associated with the book and with Farahn's book form. Lady Gwynn of the Book had the same rhombic pupils.

So how many minutes before Farahn shelves his four of hearts and becomes the Bug's best buddy again?

Interestingly, Gwyn's Subconcious sports a similar rhombus on her forehead and dress.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:36 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
I also think the unraveling of Gwynn is some great art. Although the 'completely irreversible' comment in the underlying script is worrisome.

Actually, if you read closer, it says "clearly irreversible". So maybe there is some hope.
I think is say something like "Gwynn was full of fear as...", "decision was clearly irreversible","...mostly for Zoe, alone with demons...", "...Farahn wove..."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:12 pm 
I just wanted to jump in and agree with everyone else complimenting Pete on the art of today's comic.

In that vein, I do not know whether Panel 8 was intentional, but I like the way that Zoë's hair appears to wilt as she realizes that Gwynn is gone, and then back to the usual 'bounce' in Panel 9, even as the realization sinks in.

Today's comic is both so depressing and yet eerily hopeful.

Rombobjörn wrote:

Yeah, from the time in Mohkahdun when Gwynn refused to say she loved him, even to save her own life, I got the sense that Farahn loved her most specifically because he couldn't have her. So, yeah. I wonder too how long it will take for him to get bored now.

But we all know that's not how the story goes....

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:

NOBODY puts Gwynn on a shelf. ((Said in Patrick Swayze's voice)).

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:31 pm 
Man, this is an awesome strip. Amazing, Pete.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions