Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Thursday doesn't have much time! So listen closely!

Do not! I repeat! Do NOT believe what the lep- *shink*

*thud*

Hmm... I don't know what that day said to you, but I hope you didn't believe anything that crazy day said. That would be best for...everyone involved.

----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:22 am 
Yeah, complain about how little she had to fight when preventing the end of the world twice. You just can't impress some people.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:15 am 
I'm glad Pete clarified who this Thea (Tombsy) is not.
Zoe must have something up her sleeve!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:23 am 
Yeah, I was pretty sure it wasn't sin'thea based on the art, but when she said to call her thea it was making me think she might be again until I looked at the note below the strip.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:05 am 
This reminds me that I am still expecting the storyline where Zoe truly comes into her own. Because it's true that so far her storm-breaking hasn't been much other than quick thinking.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:53 am 
I find myself looking forward to a violent end to 'Lady Tomb' involving a very angry God of Power. Unfortunately she is on the winning side here as the victory Poopy-Pants is fated to be.

Zillatain wrote:
Thursday doesn't have much time! So listen closely!

Do not! I repeat! Do NOT believe what the lep- *shink*

*thud*

Hmm... I don't know what that day said to you, but I hope you didn't believe anything that crazy day said. That would be best for...everyone involved.

Goodbye, Thursday. I guess the best option is to go back to bed and wait for Friday to sort things out.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 am 
If lady tomb's estimation of zoe is that she didn't need to put forth much effort then what's that say about poopy pants who can be undone so "easily".

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:15 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Two characters having similar names? Now the suspension of disbelief is broken. I mean, how often does that happen in real life?

ong wrote:
This reminds me that I am still expecting the storyline where Zoe truly comes into her own. Because it's true that so far her storm-breaking hasn't been much other than quick thinking.

You might want to reread Chapter 63: Safehouse, then.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:36 am 
For someone who is supposedly intimately familiar with the manipulation of destiny, Thea's dismissal of Zoe is odd. You'd think she'd be *more* concerned about the disconnect between Zoe's reputation and her apparent threat level.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 am 
Yeah there's a couple things that make Thea seem absurdly naive here. 1. If she feels Zoe twice defeated the Bug with minimal effort, doesn't that make her seem more threatening not less? 2. If anything, Zoe's apparent lack of capability should lead Thea to more heavily weigh the power of prophecy into her considerations. If someone prophecied to defeat the bug has done so twice apparently through dumb luck, I would suspect the probability of that happening again to be high. Of course Wilcott's a but dumb on this too. Has he not heard of self-fulfilling prophecies? The smarter play would be to have left Zoe behind not take her with the intent to kill her. Or put it another way, Skippy had the right idea all along when he criticized Chilus for bringing Zoe back in. Of course, it's a bit hard to leave the Stormbreaker out altogether when she's friends with the person bound to the book holding their end demon.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:23 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I'd say she considers that Zoe only got lucky, till now, and she might not be wrong.

One thing to consider, though, was that, during the last release, the bug explicitly said that he was happy Zoe was alive and that he was going to keep her for last as he torture all of her friend in front of her.

Tombsy might actually know the bug is not the kind to always keep his promises, so keeping Zoe as an additional gift might guarantee to cater his good graces. At least she think so.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:07 am 
ong wrote:

She keeps her head cool in the face of murderous demons and organizations, and does her part. What more should she do?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:40 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
ong wrote:

She keeps her head cool in the face of murderous demons and organizations, and does her part. What more should she do?

More than her part even. All I'm saying is that I'm waiting for that story where she shows people like Tombsy that she should not be underestimated. I suspect it will be this one.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 am 
I didn't notice the "Occupatum" on Gwynn's forehead until I reread the strip this morning.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions