Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 pm
Posts: 5818
Location: Someplace other than where I am.
Thursday feels like a pencil eraser has been used to smooth out its mind. So certain, there was something important it wanted to tell you... But it is gone.


----------
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember to vote each day.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:59 pm
Posts: 1959
Location: In "Still" waters...
Well. That seemed oddly anti-climactic.

Oh wow. My first first-post ever!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:47 am
Posts: 258
AOL: Eagle299
Bas just saved her sidekicks' lives.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:29 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Posts: 1592
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:45 am
Posts: 4
I love seeing Bun-Bun actually get to make a power play, especially now that we know why he's a badass. I feel like he's been sidelined for a long while now.

Quote:
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?


And this is also my thought. We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether. With that said, I'm only mildly disappointed over it, since Pete has a massive amount of ground to cover and a weaver's loom full of loose ends; he'd have to be a God of Power himself to get 100% of them tied off.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 566
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?

He might not want incompetent and disobedient underlings getting in the way.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:45 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1398
Location: under a pile of papers
That last panel is quite significant! I don't see it as anticlimactic though. It's quite a beginning (or re-beginning). And it's clear that Bun-bun has something he needs to take care of or look into first. Slightly more specific thoughts in spec!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:58 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 1398
Location: under a pile of papers
Also, good job Frog and Aylee!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:09 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 am
Posts: 421
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Frog is such a victorious hero. :-Þ

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2048
Location: Sweden
Well, he certainly told her what's what! No one but Bun-Bun can be so cute and terrifying at the same time.

Upstaging Frog after his great victory with the bread knife!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 am
Posts: 1831
VoxAdActa wrote:
We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether.


I mean, that dagger has recently been resurfaced during the temporarily return of Poopypants. Pretty sure he went all squity-eyed at it again, if anyone cares to look for the ref.

As for the shadow (and miss sunshine here), it's probably too much trouble and not worth the effort to get tangled up with holidays again.

He's also the God of Naps.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:51 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3263
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
I'mma just go ahead and say that I'm #TeamPumpkinHeadedKingOfHalloween XP

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:22 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:58 am
Posts: 130
VoxAdActa wrote:
I love seeing Bun-Bun actually get to make a power play, especially now that we know why he's a badass. I feel like he's been sidelined for a long while now.

Quote:
The heck Bun-Bun. I thought he was gonna use the leverage to get her help for revenge on the groundhog shadow or has he completely given up on that forever?


And this is also my thought. We got to see him get all squinty-eyed at the dagger that (allegedly) killed his mother (as per the episode where everyone was stuck in the realm of shadows), but that plotline seems to have been dropped altogether. With that said, I'm only mildly disappointed over it, since Pete has a massive amount of ground to cover and a weaver's loom full of loose ends; he'd have to be a God of Power himself to get 100% of them tied off.


Oh I'm not sure it has been dropped. You would have to go back to Mokhadun where we saw that dagger and listen real close to who Symachus says was responsible for the previous spark ending.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2048
Location: Sweden
VoxAdActa wrote:
I love seeing Bun-Bun actually get to make a power play, especially now that we know why he's a badass. I feel like he's been sidelined for a long while now.


Oh, good point. She knows he is a god, or used to be. Aside from the fact that he managed to gather all the holidays under his reign, there's the godhood. She is the avatar of a goddess, the reverence should come naturally for her. Plus, he could beat her up.

Would her fear power work on him? I bet he'd consider it irrelevant.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 am
Posts: 286
Location: Massachusetts
Silverwalker wrote:

Would her fear power work on him? I bet he'd consider it irrelevant.


She used it on Bun-Bun when he first came to claim Halloween, and it didn't even slow him down. Fear just makes him fight more.

Granted, so does love, hate, pathos, despair, annoyance, joy, anger, sadness, and the mere existence of telemarketers in this Spark.

Rombobjörn wrote:
Frog is such a victorious hero. :-Þ


If Corsica had been there to witness his bravery she would have swooned into his arms, I'm sure.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: