Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It is Friday's time to brilliantly shine
Everything will be wonderfully perfectly fine
No that's some strange doomsday sign
Nor is anyone going to rip out your spine
Please just drink this non-poisoned wine
As you wait for the meal so you can dine

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember, voting is the antidote for the wine.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:55 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Look like Farahn is going through a mild case of Para-pox.

I like how the ref box also play as a valid conclusion to this comic. No. No. No. indeed...

Can't even tell who will be a worse influence for who.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:17 am 
Now I've started reading about Gwynn as Siphaniana back in 2013! So much that I have forgotten. I didn't remember that she was thrown in prison for refusing the king.

Quote:
"ROOMMATE WANTED!
The King of Mankind is lonely.
Utilities included.
Subservience demanded."

What a great offer! You get to live forever, and there is no tooth decay. On the other hand, you can't see much of the outside world.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:36 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Silverwalker wrote:
(...)and there is no tooth decay. (...)

On the other hand, there is no toothbrush either.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 pm 
This seems like a great idea.

</sarcasm>

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:07 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Now I've started reading about Gwynn as Siphaniana back in 2013! So much that I have forgotten. I didn't remember that she was thrown in prison for refusing the king.

Quote:
"ROOMMATE WANTED!
The King of Mankind is lonely.
Utilities included.
Subservience demanded."

What a great offer! You get to live forever, and there is no tooth decay. On the other hand, you can't see much of the outside world.

I know, right? You don't even lose your residence for substandard subservience!

Granted, your new room might be a tad smaller than you expect...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:43 am 
The Malkavian wrote:
This seems like a great idea.

</sarcasm>

shhhh. If I've learned anything from media, it's that snakes can universally be trusted.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 am 
something that bugs me :pun: is how farahn knows mohkadun siphy is gwynn when gwynn hasn't switched places with mohkadun siphy yet. i hate time travel stories, they always :kzk: me.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:06 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
something that bugs me :pun: is how farahn knows mohkadun siphy is gwynn when gwynn hasn't switched places with mohkadun siphy yet. i hate time travel stories, they always :kzk: me.

Maybe he's too dumb/narcissistic to notice a difference, anyway. lulz

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:53 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
tube_rat wrote:

Maybe he's too dumb/narcissistic to notice a difference, anyway. lulz

always a possibility in his case. the king of mankind demands that gwynn be siphy. or something like that.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:09 pm 
tube_rat wrote:
something that bugs me :pun: is how farahn knows mohkadun siphy is gwynn
I think Farahn simply perceived it. As Gwynn said, she actually might be the reincarnation of Queen Siphaniana, or her descendant. She, at the very least, has a strong connection with her and Farahn might have simply felt it. For him, there is no difference between the two.

Quote:
when gwynn hasn't switched places with Mohkadun Siphy yet. I hate time travel stories, they always :kzk: me.

I think after K'Z'K got a case of para-pox, their reality shifted to the new timeline Shlock created by sending Berk in the past. And that include Gwynn's mind being sent in the past, thus altering Farhan's memory.

It is my understanding that when we see this, it's pre-alteration: Queen Siphy love Farahn and only toy with Kron's feeling to keep getting Farhan's attention, resulting in her getting the cursed Camel necklace and Farahn's motivation might probably be revenge on Kron for turning Siphy into a Camel
Then time goes on, mostly as we know it, Gwynn is possessed, K'Z'K is liberated...
... And the world is doomed:
But then, as a last-ditch effort, Dr. Schlock sends Berk back in time, which causes an alteration significant enough to branch out the timeline in the present from Berk's original doomed one.

Thus, the present is alterd, as in this new timeline, the gang get to learn about the threat of K'Z'K and the doomed future...
... And Riff get to have a Time-gun to stop K'Z'K, sending him in the past.

With the one caveat that sending K'Z'K in the medieval past almost cause and early end of this spark...
...but those changes are, in the end, buffered back in the timeline, thanks to Torg's and Zoe's actions.

Speaking of the incursion of 1999 K'Z'K in medieval times, it causes the K'Z'K that existed at this point to suffer from a case of Para-pox.

I suspect this Parapox in question might not just be due to the two of them existing at the same time, but also having his own past altered, as the future no longer being doomed resulted in a chain of events that will finally lead to Gwynn wearing the necklace (not possible in the initial doomed future timeline, where she likely died after the freeing of K'Z'K), altering slightly the timeline further down the past, but still without any time forking. As K'Z'K explains, slight alterations aren't enough to cause a branch out, and the events go back to sticking to the timeline (because of the fateweb).

So, once Gwynn has taken over, it's no longer Queen Siphy toying around with Kron to make Farahn jealous, but it's post-alteration: Gwynn, in Siphy's body, actually fall in love with Kron and pretend to be insane to hide the fact she is not Queen Siphy and Farahn's motivation is now revenge on Kron for giving Siphy "madness". And this is how Farhan's memories in the book get altered as he now remember Gwynn (as queen Siphy) telling "No" to him in today's comic.
Notice how those memories pop-up right after K'Z'K is sent back in medieval times. Does this means he had his memory replaced, or is he remembering both pasts, or is unable to tell the difference because he repeatedly lost his mind due to his prolonged life, I don't know, but his own past has been changed.

Additionally, when the comic is set is post-alteration timeline, we get to see the spirit of Future-K'Z'K, brought up by Gwynn, on the side of Mohkadun-era K'Z'K, when he was initially absent in the same scene in the comic page I posted above in this post:

One last thing to note is that the bug being "weak" to time-shenanigan is consistent with how it's through the understanding of the nature of time that Kronhus was able to fight back K'Z'K on an (almost) equal footing.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:59 am, edited 34 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:13 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Guys, I think it's much simpler than all that. Farahn routinely tells "love interestes" that they are his Queen re-incarnated to get them to help him. I don't think any of them actually are though.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm 
@GUIGUI i appreciate your well researched response loremaster. it doesn't quite sit comfortably with me because, like i said, i hate time travel stories. pete has done a better job than most but para pox or no it still leaves me in a puddle of confusion of the 'which way did he go george' variety.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:58 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
Guys, I think it's much simpler than all that. Farahn routinely tells "love interestes" that they are his Queen re-incarnated to get them to help him. I don't think any of them actually are though.

They're not, but in Gwynn's case she actually WAS inhabiting Queen Siphy's body for a time, so there is more reason for Farahn to feel like she is.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:20 am 
One thing to point out is that it actually only happened for Siphy II and only because the bug was tricking him, after years of him losing his mind. And he still quickly came to the conclusion that SIphy II wasn't actually Queen Siphaniana. For the other two "book-brides" he always knew they weren't her and only considered them an addition to his many other wives.

When Gwynn came into the picture, he was basically done with bug, more or less in grip of his own sanity and came to this conclusion on his own. It might still be delusion, mind you, but Gwynn mentioning she might have been a reincarnation of Queen Siphy, or at lest have a strong connection with her, even before she went back in time should no be ignored.

But it could indeed just be delusion too. I am not discarding that either.

Last edited by GUIGUI on Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions