Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:46 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is happy, there's nothing to fear
Everyone may breath in, then bellow a great cheer
So you can just re- oh no it's here
The down right evil, carnivorous deer

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Please remember, voting will make you taste horrible to the deer.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:13 am 
Feeling sorry for one of the villains of the story means that this story is complex!

It takes an apt hand storytelling to do this, so well done, Pete!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:17 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Surprised he didn't try to summon one of his previous conquest, just to endure the time passing. Interesting to learn it was the bug and not Farahn who locked Zoë away from the spirit world. Then again, the Bug is known for his many lies.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Interesting to learn it was the bug and not Farahn who locked Zoë away from the spirit world. Then again, the Bug is known for his many lies.

I went back and checked, and since it happened right after the War of the Bug Squishers it actually makes perfect sense. Having Zoë the Stormbreaker cut off from the spirit world seems convenient for K'Z'K as from that point on she would not be able to perceive him or his minions.

Edit: DUH, I just realised, of course he could also be lying. Perhaps this immunity to ghosts is a result of the events of the War of the Bug Squishers, perhaps Zoë's exposure to the Book of Gud? But I'll leave any spec that might arise for this for the other thread.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:46 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
ong wrote:
Edit: DUH, I just realised, of course he could also be lying. Perhaps this immunity to ghosts is a result of the events of the War of the Bug Squishers, perhaps Zoë's exposure to the Book of Gud? But I'll leave any spec that might arise for this for the other thread.

For years, it was beelived it was Farhan who had guided the spell Gwynn casted on Zoe, because of this flashback to her mind-walk in the Kesandru's Well arc:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-05-29

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 pm 
The bug could be lying that he did it, but this obviously reveals that Farahn didn't do it, which means Farahn was either lying when he said he did or his dementia got to him and he was confused.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Something is going on here. It makes *NO* sense for K'Z'K to be protecting the soul of the friggin' STORM BREAKER, does it?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
ong wrote:
For years, it was beelived it was Farhan who had guided the spell Gwynn casted on Zoe, because of this flashback to her mind-walk in the Kesandru's Well arc

So if the Bug was not lying to Farahn, then Farahn definitely was lying to Gwynn. Because we can clearly see in the latest comic that he had no idea what was going on.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:05 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
Something is going on here. It makes *NO* sense for K'Z'K to be protecting the soul of the friggin' STORM BREAKER, does it?

The comic is quite explicit, it was to create a rift of mistrust between Gwynn and Zoe, so he could better control her. Later in the battle of the Bug, the Witch and the Robot, it is revealed that Zoe was Gwynn's anchor to reality.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:14 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
GUIGUI wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:

The comic is quite explicit, it was to create a rift of mistrust between Gwynn and Zoe, so he could better control her. Later in the battle of the Bug, the Witch and the Robot, it is revealed that Zoe was Gwynn's anchor to reality.

I remember that. But we know Zoe's soul is STILL under some form of protection. Maybe there's something more insidious to this "protection" that we don't realize yet.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:55 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
GUIGUI wrote:
Dodger77 wrote:

I remember that. But we know Zoe's soul is STILL under some form of protection. Maybe there's something more insidious to this "protection" that we don't realize yet.

There was a lot of speculation during Kesandru's Well when Creepser made his remarks about Zoe seeming to have no soul, like she was dead:

https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2003-04-21

Since then we've assumed this is about the spell cast to protect her from spiritual possession, so her soul is not visible to spiritual creatures like him. But maybe there is more. I recall a lot of speculation about that at the time.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions