Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I am sure fate will agree, that Wednesday is the Chaziest day of the week.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:59 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Bah, we know Dudderz doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:36 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
endplanets wrote:
Bah, we know Dudderz doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

I wouldn't scratch off the possibility he can have some fit of anger, when he is not careful.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:50 am 
Well, the 4th and 6th panels make it pretty clear that the Scribe is not alone any longer in her quest for more magic. :-(

And is that a dirt smudge on her face, or a scar?

Now off to lose a morning reading about Pannonia and the Avar Khaganate. Sigh. Those two do get around Early Middle Age Europe.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am 
and the scribe shall have no name.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:35 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Biscuit wrote:
And is that a dirt smudge on her face, or a scar?

Probably ink. There seem to be ink smudges on her hands and clothes too. Anise mentioned that Scribe tends to get ink everywhere.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 am 
Oooo, the Carpathians! Moved into Dracula land I see. Very interesting. Very appropriate for the season too

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:13 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Oooo, the Carpathians! Moved into Dracula land I see. Very interesting. Very appropriate for the season too

If only we knew more Halloween characters that could make an appearance.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:38 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
I would like to make a more general comment, but still related to this arc, so I guess, it's still fitting, here. It's not the first time Pete has strayed away from the main cast to make a side story, but, and I do'nt know if it's me who has changed as a reader, or Pete who has improved, despite all of those characters being basically new, this a really engaged story and I am really interested with what is going to happen with them and I don't think I am the only one. In recent years, Pete has really developed a talent to introduce a new character and, in a few page make the reader want to know everything about them. And we are talking huge chapters like the story of the Liberliganus lineage. As much as I want to find out what happens to the gang, I am as stilled to find out what happens with Yffi and the scribe.

This is in strike contrast with how the readership (myself a bit included, at least to some level) reacted to one of the first time Pete tried himself to such venture, Ocean Unmoving, where, as interesting as the story was, the community here couldn't help but be like
Even, then the story turned out to be a great epic tall with just as great character, but I feel like it nevertheless still lost a significant amount of readers.

I have come to realise that trying to write a big story with the added self-imposed constrain of making almost every strips also be a gag of its own with its own punchline is in no way easy. So cudo. And congrat to Pete for having found the secret of making big yet engaging whole side-arcs.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 pm 
Oceans Unmoving may be my favorite story arc(s). I love the creativity of the worldbuilding, the characters, the surprise time loop, the way Pete wove it into the fabric of the main story... just great stuff.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions