Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday's strip is less interesting than what came before.

Congratulations...

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics.
Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:53 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Oh, picture book, Yffi start with the easy test.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:24 am 
Have we ever seen the face of this wizard? I was looking a bit through the archives, but I couldn't find it.

So we're left to speculate on this wizard who forbid people to see his face ...
And is this the first time we've seen the bug referenced as a bug in this chapter?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:33 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
This young woman is already wiser than most fictional characters in similar situations. She asks about the price before she agrees to pay.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:33 am 
I was perfectly happy with the bad ye Olde English :) but this works too.

Back to reacting to what people say, rather than how they say it :kiki:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:44 am 
a test you say? how about a test of intelligence?
what is black and white, and red all over? a bat with lesions! (or a newspaper or a panda with a diaper rash or perhaps an embarrased zebra?)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:00 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Well, if the pictures in the Book of Güd give her peace and serenity, then she's not foolish. I suppose that's a test of intelligence. If the pictures don't hurt her, then she's not evil. Does that count as a test of spirit?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
randomlanguage wrote:
Have we ever seen the face of this wizard? I was looking a bit through the archives, but I couldn't find it.
(...)

I think it's the first time we see him in person(unless I am mistaken), so no?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:55 pm 
I'm not sure if there was any reference to the wizard in the past or just the cave. I looked through the Stormbreaker arc recently and don't think I saw mention of it, though come to think of it I believe I was looking for a reference to Wodee Woods, not to Yffi as a wizard.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:16 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I'm not sure if there was any reference to the wizard in the past or just the cave. I looked through the Stormbreaker arc recently and don't think I saw mention of it, though come to think of it I believe I was looking for a reference to Wodee Woods, not to Yffi as a wizard.

Yffi has been referenced before, Pete mentions it in the red box of this strip:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-09-10

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:54 am 
She can read? Burn her, she's a witch!

And does anyone else find it odd that the person who lives by drawing images ... makes a book of images and calls it "The Book of Gud"? And gazing on those images makes you happy?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am 
GUIGUI wrote:
Lord Golbez wrote:

Yffi has been referenced before, Pete mentions it in the red box of this strip:
https://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?ch ... 2021-09-10

Are you talking about the links? That first link just mentions the cave. I don't see anything acknowledging the existence (or former existence) of a wizard of the same name. The second link is just when they arrive at the cave.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:04 pm 
Biscuit wrote:
And does anyone else find it odd that the person who lives by drawing images ... makes a book of images and calls it "The Book of Gud"? And gazing on those images makes you happy?

odd? no, i hadn't made the connection until you pointed it out. but i call it meta (with just a sprinkling of self-serving?). :)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:32 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
(...)

Are you talking about the links? That first link just mentions the cave. I don't see anything acknowledging the existence (or former existence) of a wizard of the same name. The second link is just when they arrive at the cave.

Sorry, I misread you, they mentioned the cave of Yffi. My bad. With that being said, for me, if there is a cave of Iffy and now that we know that is a person, it seems rather straightforward that the cave of Yffi is a cave named in reference to that person.

Otherwise, yes, the recent strips were the first time Yffi ever showed up as a person.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions