Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads

Post subject: Dragon*Con '07
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:34 am 
inspiration wrote:
I think Lord Torgamus actually won the costume contest, and Stormbreaker came in second.

Hmm. You may be right. Well, if that's the case, I'll wager he wouldn't rather be confused with anyone else, since he and the Stormbreaker were there together. And on a related subject, he had a very cool and accurate (though not quite finished) handmade replica of Evil Unholy Death Bringer (otherwise known as "Chaz"). Also, I talked to them both and they both seemed really cool, and I feel like a complete ass for forgetting their names.

inspiration wrote:
Kahn is one of the best and most inventive GM's I've ever gamed with!

*beams* She's only saying that because I already complimented her on her performance last year roleplaying a bubbly high school cheerleader (whom she this year aged into a disillusioned goth college "women's studies" major--but kept her a cheerleader--and gave another rockin' performance). Still, flattery is good. Particularly the kind of flattery that hypes my game for me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 pm 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
I was the Stormbreaker Zoe, and my husband was Warlord Torgamous :) (Those are also our character names in the WoW Sluggy guild) He actually won 1st place and I won 2nd, which didn't particularly bother me cause I worked hard on both those costumes, except for the sword which his brother made. And yes he is planning to go back and finish painting it at some point. The toy shotgun was easy, I found it at Walmart. I had to chose between that and a bright blue Nerf one. The one I got looked the part a little better, but if I'd gotten the other one I could have shot nerf darts at people with it. Ah well.

And I'd like to add that I don't know if we would have won if Mosp had worn her entire costume. If you guys remember the picture that was on the main page last week of the girl in the complete MospandIspandOsp costume, but she only had the headpiece this time cause it was too much of a pain to get around in the whole thing. But having spent as much time as I did sewing the relatively simple costumes we had, I have a whole new respect for anyone who can make an elaborate costume of a not normal human character.

Don't feel bad about forgetting our names Kahn, although I don't feel like posting rl first names here. One of your rl friends is in our WoW guild, and he'd know us as Storm and Torg anyway. Also hi to Voice of Kiki who we met there and hung out. :) And hi to all the other Sluggites I met there and forget the names of, and I'd like to echo the thanks to Wile E. for making the trivia questions.

It was truly an awesome con.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:52 am 
Well here are my pics.. a little late, but hey better late than never eh?

Blue's Dragon*Con pics

It was great to see everyone, meet new people etc etc :)

I unfortunately didn't have the time to do any of the RPG :(
Perhaps another time...

Oh and Kahn.. that Cruxshadows show was their last. They will no longer be touring after that.
Also if you like their music don't just DL it buy it!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:22 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
teeeheee, i must get a Cyclone suit now... that thing is AWESOME.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:25 pm 
Not quite their last show. :) Just the last show for that tour, and the last show for their violinist, who is apparently named Rachel.

Pity, because the violin-playing really did make the show in a lot of ways. They're going to have a hell of a time replacing her.

(Yeah, I was far enough back that the stuff they said was understandable, and not one more loud booming noise. On the song lyrics, I'm still largely in the dark, but the news was more or less coherent.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:49 pm 
sonabi wrote:
And I'd like to add that I don't know if we would have won if Mosp had worn her entire costume. If you guys remember the picture that was on the main page last week of the girl in the complete MospandIspandOsp costume, but she only had the headpiece this time cause it was too much of a pain to get around in the whole thing. But having spent as much time as I did sewing the relatively simple costumes we had, I have a whole new respect for anyone who can make an elaborate costume of a not normal human character.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

The MospandIspandOsp costume was a learning experience.

In retrospect I see how I could have worn the entire costume at DragonCon, but that would have meant another piece of baggage for the TSA to puzzle over.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 am 
As someone who's been gaming with (and generally enjoying the sheer awesomeness of) "Kahn" for all these years, I'm quite thrilled to hear people had so much fun at the Con. Here's to finally getting a few more sessions of our own playtesting arc done before the books come out- and getting our group out of the nasty cliffhanger I left them in.

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads