Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I was going to post this in important threads because this is both a con and a possible get together for anyone interested, but since I don't have the clearance to post there I'll just post here.
[mod]That seems odd. I'll need to check with Wile E to see if there's anything wrong. In the meantime, I'll move this thread to Important Threads for you. - Kea[/mod]

I recently recieved word from my uncle. He makes a part time living selling swords. Everytime a con happens in his local area he obtains stall space and sells these swords. He told me that the help he usually gets cant make it and asked me to help him out with the stall. I've agreed, so come october first I'll be in missouri at a sci fi con.

I've never been to a con before, anyone that can enlighten me as to how scary it will be please by all means tell me.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Kajin wrote:
I was going to post this in important threads because this is both a con and a possible get together for anyone interested, but since I don't have the clearance to post there I'll just post here.
[mod]That seems odd. I'll need to check with Wile E to see if there's anything wrong. In the meantime, I'll move this thread to Important Threads for you. - Kea[/mod]

I recently recieved word from my uncle. He makes a part time living selling swords. Everytime a con happens in his local area he obtains stall space and sells these swords. He told me that the help he usually gets cant make it and asked me to help him out with the stall. I've agreed, so come october first I'll be in missouri at a sci fi con.

I've never been to a con before, anyone that can enlighten me as to how scary it will be please by all means tell me.

Don't worry. If it gets scary.....you have swords.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I never got a name for the con or a specific place in missouri so I cant say much other than that but once I get a hold of him again I'll wrestle the information out of him and post it here but until than...

chaosman wrote:
Don't worry. If it gets scary.....you have swords.

Yahtzee calls them "Home defense for tragic virgins" but if I called them that while on the job my uncle might hit me XD

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:53 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Hmm, let's see. Edged weapons are silent and they never run out of ammo... where's the downside?

I myself have never had the opportunity to visit a con, but the scariest one that I've ever heard about was the one in John Ringo's Princess of Wands. Just make sure you have an emissary of the Most High there and provide her with a name blade and you should be OK.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:08 am 
Well it's not specifically Sci-Fi but I know G.A.M.E. is going down in October in Springfield Missiouri, and I will be attending that and may even be on a discussion panel for podcasters which means free admission for me WooHoo!

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads