Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:08 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: Hoikeu
Okay, well, let me explain the mechanics.

Your marine piece occupies one space. a meterxmeter square. Your marine can take 6 actions. Moving, is an action, firing, an action, fighting melee, an action, Readying heavy bolter, 2 actions. Firing heavy bolter, half an action.

When you attack, I roll a dice, depending on various thing which i make up, you may hit or miss, i roll again to see how much damage you do. Obviously, certain weapons will have bonuses or roll more dice than others.

Other times, i roll to see if your character notices something out of the ordinary. or if he reacts fast enough to dodge the genestealer that just opped out of the roof behind him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:13 pm 
Right.

After suiting up and checking everything, your marines are good to go. There are another 195 marines waiting in the boarding lauch area. atop a small pedastol, are the 4 captains of the 4 companies in this action, and the Chaplain Cassius.

"Marines, You know your duty. Serve well the Emperor. And live forever in the records"

He salutes you assembeled marines

"Now go forth and prove your honour!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:28 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
"Sir, yes Sir!"

Ibanez, along with most of the other Noncomissioned Officers cheer. Then the Sergeant Major turns to his squad and scowls, his helmet clamped under his left arm.

"Mount up, Marines. If you all kept your ears open then we can hopefully do this cleanly and by the numbers. Hell, Javon might even earn his keep."

Ibanez pulls his helmet down over his head and the seals hiss shut replacing his scowl with the red eyed glare of the Mk III power suit. He hefts his power sword, and pats the bolt pistol at his hip. Giving the squad another once over he mounts the ramp of the drop ship, and takes the berth nearest the door.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:01 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Heh, I can't tell the difference between the sarge's helmet and face... they're both always scowling.

Behind his helmet, Ruanik's mouth fights for the right to grin, but loses to marine discipline. Which is a good thing, because the sarge seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to someone being amused at his expense... regardless of whether he could see his face.

Shouting a "yes sir, sir!" the marine falls in behind the sergeant, taking a berth farther toward the back. Let the big guns take the berths nearest to the hatch.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:24 am 
AOL: EagleScout8414
As ordered, Ostaja smoothly lifted the heavy bolter and moved out. For the marine his heavy bolter was treated like an extension of his arms, which for the outside observer made it look much easier to actually carry. As he sat opposite the sergeant near the door of the dropship he placed the bolter down. He took a rag from one of his pockets and gave it yet another quick wiping down.

Ostaja was the type of soldier that could feel comfortable in just about any situation. He could sleep like a baby in the middle of a seige and be fully awake to pump the enemy full of flak in a flash. The sergeant scowling as usual didn't faze his good mood.

"Comon sarge. How could he screw up? It would take a complete moron to blow a quick scan and beacon plant." Ostaja glanced over to Javon for a moment. He then added in a joking tone "On second thought... we might be in trouble"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:31 am 
Inside his helmet, Ibanez smirked briefly, then composed himself.

"Ostaja, I remember not long ago when you were just as big a f--k up as Javon threatens to be. I can only hope you manage to set a good example for him."

Ibanez stands again, framed in the hatch, and looks out at the loading bay, and the other squads. Then he sits and begins to pray silently.

Beloved Emperor, watch over my Brothers and I and give us the strength to crush your enemies and bring glory to the Chapter and the Imperium. Give me the wisdom to lead these Brothers, and the will of iron needed to assure they live for you and love you as I do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:07 am 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
Methodus looks around as he hefts his Plasma Gun. He walks over to to the exit and scans the dark hallway, looking for any sign of trouble or target practice.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:29 am 
OOC: We're actually still on the Marine Carrier, Marauder. We're loading out dropship now.

"Methodus, get in here damnit! You too Javon, hurry up!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 am 
Marine Pvt Javon hears the steady loud clump of boots behind him, he hears his captains voice in his ear

"Marine, why ain't you on yet?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:34 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
(Oops.)

Methodus turns around and heads into the dropship.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:47 pm 
AOL: truedeathgoesmoo
Brother Javon rushes towards the dropship. "Forgive me. I was offering up a prayer to The Emperor."
Javon quickly takes his place in one of the seats and checks his weapon over.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:02 pm 
The captain grins and nods to the boarding pod pilot. The air lock closes and seals. There is a slight feeling of inertia as the pod leaves the battlebarges gravity field and your boots activate their own gravity devices. But your marines, it passes. Your pilots voice crackles over the comms

"Check yourselves, We're boarding"

Javon, has the scanner

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:31 pm 
AOL: truedeathgoesmoo
Javon quickly double checks the scanner to make sure it's working and then sends up another prayer to the Emperor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:57 pm 
The pilot's voice crackles again

"We're Locking on now"

SCREEEEEANG-Click

"Sealed and locked, Open it up when your ready Seargent, Emperor Protect"

The heavy bolter turret on the roof clicks and whirs into life, it points itself at the boarding door.

Ibanez Stands and checks you over

"Marines, You know what to do, Make sure Javon here lives long enough to get deep enough. If we start facing real resistance, we hold long enough for him to complete the scan, then we bail."

He stands with his fist over the Airlock Release button

"Ready, marines?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:32 pm 
AOL: EagleScout8414
A loud whoop and shout of "Yes sergeant!" rose from the four marines in response to their sergeant. Each of them ready in every sense of the word to complete the mission.

Last edited by spudman on Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG