Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is fine with whatever Arkady prefers. He thought the party was going to go back to the ship, though. Whatever it takes to arrange the book and paper production, then acquire the submersible.

When they're stopped for rest, Felix will go find some flowers.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:39 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady wants to press on to the castle. His stated reason is that Ivan needs to chat with the Count before he takes off on a quest (and perhaps find a servant or two); the quiet reason is that he has a certain suspicion that somehow they'll get back in time for the Countess' funeral.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:55 am 
Felix finds a selection of flowers! Some sort of pale white flowers, mainly; looking very similar to daisies, except with more and broader petals.

The current plan is to visit the Count first, hoping to get there for the funeral, and then head on to the Ship. Once Felix has done whatever he intends to do with those flowers.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix offers the flowers to Piper if she likes them. After that he settles into the back of the truck to try and plan out what all it would take to bring online a book and paper production facility independent of the colony.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:23 am 
Piper adores the flowers! Felix gets a hug and several kisses.

--------------

A couple of days later, the trucks (having once again made it safely through the forest) come to a stop outside the Castle of Count Stokes.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:16 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix radios back to the ship to let them know they're pursuing a possible avenue for earning coin to purchase much needed supplies and ingratiating the Terrans to the local populace. Then he gets ready to begin talks with Count Stokes.

"Are you alright, Ivan?"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks around. "It does look better than it did the first time we got here." As they start up the road to the door, he asks Sir Ulath: "So when we are done with all of this, are you going to Rendor?"

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:48 am 
"...I shall stay out here with the trucks," says Ivan, glancing nervously at the Castle.

--------------

"Not if I can get out of it," admits Sir Ulath. "I hate deserts."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:51 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods towards Sir Ulath, then turns to face Ivan. "Ivan, penance starts with facing those we may have wronged. If nothing else, you are owing him the simple courtesy of hearing what he may have to say. And if you are looking to come back and fill in the wine cellar afterward, then you need to talk to him about where you are going first."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 am 
"I -" Ivan clenches his fists, nervously. "If I thought he would castigate me, then I could face him. It I thought that he would reject me, then I could face him. If I thought he would visit terrible punishments upon me, then... I could face him. Because, in every case, it would be no more than I deserve. But... but I fear that he might forgive me. And... and I'm not certain that I could face that. Not, not yet."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:28 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shakes his head and strolls back to Ivan. "Ivan, what you did is not the kind of thing that went on in the wine cellar. Yes, you killed her; but you did not do it in the service of Azash. Duty, mercy, justice; all of these can be seen in your deed if someone wants to. And if the Count chooses to see some of them, and to judge you based on that? That is his right."
After half a beat he goes on: "Now I am knowing that it can be easier to face being eaten by a troll, or bitten by the Hand of Azash, than to face him. But I have been a priest for a while now. I know something about redemption. And it will be better for both him, and for you, if you master yourself now and let him do what he needs to do for his own peace."
If needs must, tagging 'priest'.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:12 am 
"...even if... even if the thing that I have done... was not of the worst evil," objects Ivan, not meeting Arkady's gaze, "it was nonetheless a thing of evil. I seek redemption - I must seek redemption - but - I - I am not sure that I can explain. I must seek it, I must work for it... it cannot be given, it must be earned."

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:48 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"But you can not tell the count that?"

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:25 pm 
Ivan nods, sadly. He can keep his mouth shut... probably...

--------------

Eventually, Arkady manages to persuade Ivan to head for the Castle with the rest of the group. But it's... tentative, really. It's reasonably possible that Ivan might flee on actually seeing the Count.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:27 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Ok, then off we go to the castle. Is the family graveyard visible from the road, or is that behind the place?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG