Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
CCC wrote:
"A request will be sufficient," nods David, "if it's accompanied by a good enough reason. I understand that you appreciate her company, but she's perfectly safe where she is now - how does it benefit the colony to have her awake now instead of, say, a month or six months from now?"

Arkady looks at him for a few seconds, then nods. "That is a fair question. I am thinking she would be a good student for the woodsman the Elene Church will be sending us; she has always had a knack for bringing home the most mushrooms and berries in our parish when we went out for picking days. And she is a professional teacher; whatever she is learning from him she can pass along to the rest of us." He looks off towards the forest, then adds: "She can shoot. She was a Pioneer. She won't need a guard." Then he looks back at David and grins a bit. "And if I am dying out there playing 'ambassador' before she is woken up? Then you will be the one to tell her, not me."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:15 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
When Arkday and David are finished, Roger catches up to David.

"So, the camera script was triggered. But the video footage is all black. Do you know what caused that to happen?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:26 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix grabs a a few gaming handhelds and some portable solar battery recharging kits to keep them operating. When he gets a chance he'll spend some time digging around in the software of the games to translate the text to Elene.

When a chance is available, he'll talk to David about a possible delegation to Cimmura to try and convince Lycheas to support the Terran people and form a mercantile agreement to the benefit of both sides.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:46 am 
"Right. David nods in response to Arkady's point. "So, what I'm hearing is, the correct time to wake her up is very shortly after the Elene woodsmen arrive?"

--------------

After his conversation with Arkady is finished (yes, there's a bit of time-twisting happening in this post) David can hear out Roger's story. "Let me guess," he says, "that was the day that Piper decided everything was a coatrack?"

--------------

Once his conversation with Roger is over (more time-twisting!) David is able to listen to Felix' suggestion.David agrees that such a delegation does sound like a good idea; but "Diplomacy isn't really my forte. Have you discussed this with Captain Argent?"

Once David is reassured that the initiative has the Captain's support, then it becomes a matter of mere logistics and organisation, which is David's forte. Given the current state of affairs, however, it is important that such a proposal should be presented to Lycheas by someone who (a) doesn't need an interpretation program on a tablet to speak the language, and (b) knows what's going on. Or, to put it in other words, this proposal is unlikely to go anywhere unless the Elene-speaking group presents it - at least the initial offer. Once it's been accepted in principle, the details can be handled by clerks with the translation software.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
CCC wrote:
"Right. David nods in response to Arkady's point. "So, what I'm hearing is, the correct time to wake her up is very shortly after the Elene woodsmen arrive?"

Arkady looks at him for a second, then asks "And who is going to be teaching her Elene before she wakes up? I am not thinking that being my wife means she will wake up knowing how. I am also thinking it would be better if she started learning it before their woodsman arrives, because he will not be knowing English or be chosen for his gift with languages."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 pm 
"Piper did WHAT?"

He looks around to see if Pipe is still nearby.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:06 am 
Weremensh wrote:
CCC wrote:

Arkady looks at him for a second, then asks "And who is going to be teaching her Elene before she wakes up? I am not thinking that being my wife means she will wake up knowing how. I am also thinking it would be better if she started learning it before their woodsman arrives, because he will not be knowing English or be chosen for his gift with languages."

"Communication will be an issue," nods David. "Is your wife particularly good with languages, that a couple of days of personal instruction will be substantially better than using the translation program on the tablets?"

Dodger77 wrote:
"Piper did WHAT?"

He looks around to see if Pipe is still nearby.

Piper is easily found, looking up at Roger while holding onto his leg. She gives him a look of wide-eyed innocence.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 pm 
"Piper, did you hang coats over all the security cameras?"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:14 am 
"They had sticky-out bits in front," she says, accompanying this with some complicated gesture.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady snorts a bit, and tells David: "The rules of Elene are easier to learn than the rules of English, which she learned fairly quickly. Yes, I am thinking that in a couple of days she will be speaking Elene much better than someone handed one of our translators."

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:15 pm 
CCC wrote:
"They had sticky-out bits in front," she says, accompanying this with some complicated gesture.
Roger walks away from David and Arkady and beckons Piper to follow.

"I'll take that as a yes then. Why, pray tell, did you choose that particular moment to hang jackets on the cameras? hmm?"

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix putters about getting things ready for when they need to next journey out. If the group decides to speak with Lycheas he'll make sure the gifts are repaired, charged, translated, and detailed instructions for their use are printed out.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:58 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Arkady snorts a bit, and tells David: "The rules of Elene are easier to learn than the rules of English, which she learned fairly quickly. Yes, I am thinking that in a couple of days she will be speaking Elene much better than someone handed one of our translators."

"Someone who can learn Elene naturally with ease is a much more compelling argument," nods David. "I'll discuss it with the Captain of course, but I'm fairly sure that that sort of talent with languages will get her bumped right up to the top of the queue."

Dodger77 wrote:
CCC wrote:
Roger walks away from David and Arkady and beckons Piper to follow.

"I'll take that as a yes then. Why, pray tell, did you choose that particular moment to hang jackets on the cameras? hmm?"

"Because it was the right time," says Piper firmly.

Felix spends some time making sure that as many things as possible are in good running order.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:22 am 
"The Right time for what exactly?"

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:48 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Thank you. Now if you are not needing me for anything, I should get back to my translations." Assuming he isn't needed, Arkady gets back to work.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG