Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is ready to leave whenever everyone else is ready. After he's done packing he'll load up some translation software and work on converting some games and the game consoles into Elene. He'll start with something simple, like Tetris, and recruit the help of Piper and Talen for playtesting whenever they're available.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 am 
Piper rolls her eyes. "The right time to hang coats on those sticky-out things, of course!" she says. "Isn't that obvious?"

Everyone else starts getting ready to move on out...

...where to?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Unless someone wants to drop off our pet thief or some other similar project on the way, Arkady is going to finish the Aesop and then head for Castle Dracula to look for leads.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix is fine to go to Bram Stoker's Fantasy Dracula Analogue and try to find some leads. He'll continue his game translation efforts as the party travels and spend his nights combing various frequencies trying to increase communicative abilities via radio or other means for better coordination with the colony.

He'll also draw up some construction plans to build a fortified weapon platform on top of the ship where the solar panels used to lay and create some schematics for turret mounted sonic weaponry that can be deployed against threats traditional arms can't defeat. He'll transmit these plans back to the ship as he completes them, coordinating with David as necessary.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:13 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"Well, if you ask me it sounds like our anonymous friend asked you to do it, but I can see I'm not going to get much more out of you."

OOG: I suppose I'm good to go.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Oh, sorry. Arkady is also going to get that gold nugget analyzed before they go.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:20 pm 
"Ok, I'll level with you Piper. I suspect it's your Goddess that is waking up our people but as a hacker who HATES being hacked I am begging and pleading with you to beg for 1 minute, nay, a 30 second heads up. As a sign of respect for the reason that she brought us here. Please?"

He does not make any attempt to touch her. He even got a bit glassy eyed. He can't even remember the last time that happened.

He then packs his things, and prepares for the next journey.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:02 pm 
The journey to the Castle of Count Stokes takes several days; it's somewhat out of the way, and the road through the forest is truly terrible. Fortunately, this time you don't meet any mind-touched musicians en route; the journey is largely uneventful.

The biggest events, as such, came in the form of communications from the Ship.

The analysis of that gold nugget that Arkady turned in comes back. It is completely pure gold.

Not 90% pure. Not 99% pure. Not 99.999% pure. The geology lab on the Ship cannot find so much as a single trace of any impurities at all in this sample.

Frankly, the Base geologist is convinced that someone has messed with his equipment. You simply do not get a completely pure sample of any metal at all. This sample here has gold and absolutely nothing else.

...which also means none of the trace minerals that would normally be used to trace back where a sample came from. (Though the geologist is of the opinion that if you ever find another completely pure sample like this, then they must have come from the same place because that does not happen).

--------------

Dodger77 wrote:
"Ok, I'll level with you Piper. I suspect it's your Goddess that is waking up our people but as a hacker who HATES being hacked I am begging and pleading with you to beg for 1 minute, nay, a 30 second heads up. As a sign of respect for the reason that she brought us here. Please?"

He does not make any attempt to touch her. He even got a bit glassy eyed. He can't even remember the last time that happened.

He then packs his things, and prepares for the next journey.

Piper gently pats him on the shoulder. "I don't think it'll be necessary to do that again?" she says, trying to be reassuring. "I - technically, I'm not allowed to give you a heads up, at all..."

--------------

Felix sends his construction plans for better defenses back to the Ship. (Honestly, I'm not even going to roll for this, it's not like Felix can really fail the roll...) The Ship gains the Aspect [Sonic Defenses].

Felix also enquires about the name of the person taken by Zalasbra for tutoring in the arts of magic. The name is almost immediately retrieved (of course David had a record, the guy puts everything on a spreadsheet somewhere...)

The human who'd been taken away to start learning the arts of magic is named Nicholas Blackwell. Theresa goes pale when she hears the name, as well she might...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:29 pm 
CCC wrote:
Piper gently pats him on the shoulder. "I don't think it'll be necessary to do that again?" she says, trying to be reassuring. "I - technically, I'm not allowed to give you a heads up, at all..."

Roger considers this for a moment. "Ah, I see. You know, we have a saying where I come from: Rules were made to be broken." He pats her on the head, gives her a puckish grin, and a wink, and then goes to pack.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:56 pm 
"Not this one," says Piper.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix looks like he's visibly gotten ill as well.

He and Theresa engage in a quick, whispered debate before he radios back to the base to confirm if that name was correct. He presses for details. What the guy looked like. How long it's been since they've been gone. What direction they seemed to be heading when they left.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 am 
The name is correct.

David sends over a file photo; the face looks exactly as you feared, with the exception that his nose is twisted; as if, sometime since you last saw him, he had broken his nose. Possibly someone punched him in the face?

They left while you were busy Dealing With the entire ArchPrelacy business in Chyrellos; they've been gone for about a week at this point. They were headed south-west when they left, but Zalasbra made it clear that he really didn't want to be followed; to the point where David had assumed he would change direction once out of sight.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix's face continues to grow pale and he looks to be on the verge of hyperventilating. Seconds pass and his face suddenly flushes red and twists into a snarl before settling back into a collected but anxious-looking mask.

"Piper, would you happen to know where Zalasbra is right now?" Felix asks, in an overly polite tone.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
When Arkady hears the report about the gold he shakes his head, then thanks the geologist. That evening he tells Piper: "We have a story about a king named Midas, who was cursed with the ability to turn everything he touched into gold whether he was wanting to or not. It sounds like someone in Zemoch has a similar story to tell."

When it comes up, he considers the name Blackwell; but it doesn't immediately ring a bell. At least, outside of a British academic bookseller that can't possibly be relevant.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 am 
Kajin wrote:
"Piper, would you happen to know where Zalasbra is right now?" Felix asks, in an overly polite tone.

Piper shakes her head. "Not if he wants to be alone," she says. "He knows how to hide, if he wants."

There's no reason why Arkady should have anything troublesome to associate with the name of Blackwell; though it's extremely clear to him that this is a name while both Felix and Theresa recognise very well indeed. (Apparently no-one back at the Ship noticed anything out-of-place with this name either, so it's not just Arkady who's missing something...)

--------------

(Later that evening)

Weremensh wrote:
That evening he tells Piper: "We have a story about a king named Midas, who was cursed with the ability to turn everything he touched into gold whether he was wanting to or not. It sounds like someone in Zemoch has a similar story to tell."

Piper thinks about this for a few moments, then asks "How would he eat?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG