Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix nods.

"Alright, I'm not sure if there's anything else I'd want to discuss in depth. Thank you for hearing us, Your Holiness."

Felix is ready to take his leave. If possible he'd like to go find and talk to Preceptor Vanire. If Arkady wishes to continue speaking and if leaving without him would be rude, Felix will stay.

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:03 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
At this point Roger stands up and addresses His Holiness.

"Forgive me, Your Holiness, I have but a simple question. Someone mentioned to me that the Elene God is infact a Goddess, but no one else seems to refer to the Deity as such. I was merely wondering the official Church position on this matter.
"

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:39 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady grins a bit at the comment about thrown vegetables, but doesn't comment. He is a bit curious about the goddess question, though; he can't recall hearing that.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 am 
It's probably polite to all leave together as a group.

"What?" asks Ortzel, clearly taken by surprise. "No, the Elene god is not a goddess. Where did you hear that from?"

One might imagine that there is a good possibility that there may well be a sternly worded letter detailing this obscure bit of theology to the entire Elene church in the near future. Just in case someone has got it wrong and needs to be corrected.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix coughs.

"The only time I can recall a goddess being mentioned was when Piper talked about who she followed," Felix says. "I don't think that was supposed to mean the Elene god, if that's the conversation you're thinking of."

Felix doesn't voice it out loud, but still... he can't help but idly wonder if she herself is the goddess that Piper was talking about. Something to think about later.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:12 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
OOG: I could have sworn Piper said the Elene God was a Goddess when Roger was praying to the Elene God for help. But maybe I misinterpreted what she said.

Roger nods, and sits back down, blushing slightly.

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:42 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "We've been learning a lot, I suppose sometimes it can be hard to keep it all straight." He sketches a bow, and says "Thank you for your time, Your Holiness. And if I may, if you do not already have one then consider cultivating a friend who won't be afraid to tell you if they think you're making a mistake. The head of my Church told me before we left that I was lucky enough to be able to count on my wife for that service, but since he had to be unmarried he found it a bit harder to come by."

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:36 am 
Ortzel smiles, faintly. "That's what I have a brother for."

The Terrans make a polite farewell and head on out again. Where to next?

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:21 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix would like a chat with Preceptor Vanire.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:32 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady would like a word with Vanire as well, and perhaps with Dolmant (who is probably going to be somewhat harder to talk to after they leave town).

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 am 
Vanire is easily found; you're directed to a small but very sturdy building (some Pandion facility which could apparently be re-purposed to imprison the captured and disarmed mercenaries, apparently) and he meets you outside, making sure to close the door behind him.

"Greetings, gentlemen. Everything certainly seems to be looking up!"

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:25 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods with a grin. "I am not wanting to go too far out on a limb, but it looks like Ortzel will be a better arch-prelate than Raven. If nothing else, we managed to talk him out of revoking your permission to work magic; and Raven would probably not have been so obliging."
Somewhat more seriously, he goes on: "But speaking of the accused: what are the practical effects of being excommunicated?"

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:24 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'll feel better after we've had some time to prepare instead of simply running around trying to put out the various fires," Felix says. "Hav our adversaries responding to us instead of the reverse. But it does seem to be a good day indeed."

Felix smiles.

"It would be nice if we could spin an excommunication into an effective roadblock to keep Raven from further trickery back in Cimmura. I'd also like a chance to discuss matters regarding the defense of the wider realm with you and the other Knightly Orders. If that's at all possible."

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:34 am 
"I've met chunks of rock that would make better Arch-Prelates than Raven," opines Vanire. "That's not a high bar. As to excommunication - the major practical effect is that he cannot use Church structures for anything. And we will make sure that news of said excommunication travels. He can never again stand for Arch-Prelate, nor any Church office, and faces severe punishment if he attempts to pass himself off as a Church official. Unfortunately, it does nothing to prevent him from bullying someone like Lycheas around - I think that the most we can do there is leave him outside the city without transport, and force him to walk back. Unfortunately, once he does make it back, there's not much that can be done - the authority of the Kings is not derived from the authority of the Church."

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "That is not surprising, but who is Raven without the Church? Is he a noble?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG