Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs and tells Talen: "Anything he is hiding could be enchanted. Or cursed, or both. If they are finding anything, it would be best to pass it along and let us figure out what is what. Though I am guessing that if they find half a ton of gold we will not be seeing any of it, even though it comes from the servants of Azash."

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is ready to move along if nothing else is to be discussed.

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:33 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
So is Arkady; who is suddenly wondering in the back of his mind just what the practical effect of getting blessed by Piper might be, and making a mental note to ask Dolmant if he noticed anything interesting one of these days.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:28 am 
"If it's enchanted," muses Vanire out loud, "then you might not want to touch it at all. Some enchanted items will kill anyone who touches them without fulfilling the right conditions first..."

With that distressing little piece of information, Vanire's quite willing to let the subject go. The group can politely bid him farewell and head off to... where next?

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:30 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Dolmant's place. If nothing else that's where our stuff is. Besides, Talen is going to need a few minutes to spread the word, and the rest of us can always lay aside a few collectable first edition posters of Raven for future use.

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger wishes to leave the barrel of Pesticide with the Pandions.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:12 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If possible it may be a good idea to talk to Sir Sparhawk. Coordinate the search for the Blue Rose. Work out where everyone is going to go.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 am 
Vanire accepts the barrel, though he seems a little unsure what to do with it - it's really only useful as a weapon against the Seeker, and unless the Seeker happens to return here, there's only so much the insecticide can be used for. Still, he will find some use for it.

After asking a few questions, you find that Sir Sparhawk has gone to have a quiet chat with Dolmant at his house; the Terrans head over there, and find that the two of them have just concluded their business.

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
If there aren't already a few available, Arkady will run off some posters of Raven's naughtiness. You never know when they might come in handy, and they can be passed around the court back in Elenia. Then he'll ask the others: "They've seen it now, but do we want to be leaving the press for the Elenes to copy?"

Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:45 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"What I cudgeled together was a barely serviceable mess of scrap, spare parts, and duct tape," Felix says. "I don't mind leaving it here for them but it'll break down almost immediately. The main good it'd do would be to take apart and study so they can learn about it. I don't mind that, either. I like Dolmant. He could do good with such knowledge, I imagine."

Felix goes to Sir Sparhawk when he's available to talk.

"Today's a better day than most, Sir Sparhawk," Felix grins. "Now that we're done here, what plans do you have for future journeys? If we're going to find what we're looking for I think it might be a good idea to coordinate search patterns."

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger explains to Vanire that it's merely a precaution. The Terrans can generally take care of themselves should The Seeker attack (especially since we discovered that it's quite focused on Felix) but leaving the pesticide here is a hedge in case it doesn't come after the Terrans.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 am 
Arkady gets what may well be the last bunch of posters that their cobbled-together press will ever produce before collapsing into a pile of junk. Still, several of Dolmant's servants have seen the press at work; if their stories of it are heard by anyone who's any sort of a decent engineer, then he could probably put together at least a basic press...

The pesticide ends up being stored in some Pandion warehouse facility, just in case of the Seeker's return.

"There's been some vague rumours of something near Borrata that may be somehow related to the Blue Rose," says Sparwhawk. "We'll go and track that down - but there's a more fundamental matter to be considered, as well." He holds out his hand, letting the ruby ring on his finger glint in the sunlight. "We each have one of these rings. To safely unlock the power of the Rose requires both. If any of us finds it - then we need to be able to bring the rings together with it, and the Queen, as quickly as possible. It doesn't help if I get back to Elenia with the Rose and one ring, while you're off on the other side of the country and out of touch with the other one."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:51 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "Vanire can get in touch with us quickly if he has to. But if we find it, how will we tell you?"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:37 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We could always merge groups and travel together," Felix says. "Terran vehicles will get us farther and faster than can be traveled on horseback. Barring that we could provide you a radio so you can try to contact us if you find anything promising."

Felix thinks for a moment.

"If we're gonna go that route, I suppose I could see if the Captain will spare some vehicles and some crew to drive you around. That way we can both cover ground quickly on an individual basis and keep each other updated on progress. If we're coordinating that way we'll be able to share clues we come across and let each other know if we need to get together for some reason or another."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm 
"This 'radio' being your communication device?" asks Sparhawk. "That might well solve the entire problem on its own. Though I thank you for the offer of vehicles, I'm not sure they will work as well as you expect; we will need to bring our horses with us, and on occasion travel without arousing commentary from all the peasants as and when we pass."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG