Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:17 am 
I'm looking more into Stunts than Powers, thinking of ending up with the Disguise Of The Mind Deceit stunt. Which has a bunch of prerequisite Stunts, which I'm guessing will cost one Refresh each?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:25 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Yeah, one Refresh each.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright. Once Weremensh is back with us full time I'll start the game. Everyone has three Refresh, down to two because of one expenditure on stunts. If you want to take more stunts or look into powers, let me know.

I'm having a difficult time finding a website that straight up lists all the DFRPG powers to link to, so just let me know if there's anything you want to do and I'll try to figure out something you can use.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I'm back. A day later than I thought, but oh well.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright. I'll make the post when I get a chance.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Haven't forgotten. The past couple days have been somewhat draining. Sorry for the delay.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:09 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
It happens.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:15 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Alright, game thread is up. I'll try to make this at least reasonably done. Let me know if there are any questions or confusion.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
So are we all wearing anything in particular or just the era appropriate equivalent of our pajamas?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Just your street clothes.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:19 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Let's talk memory mechanics. Every now and then you'll get a chance to exercise a skill that you don't have listed. You might have an idea of what you want your character to be, or maybe you want to surprise yourself and build as you go. Either way, you can choose who your character gets to be by when and how much they unlock their skills.

When you get a chance to use a skill, you get a choice. Unlock it in full, or postpone the decision. Unlocking it in full means your character suddenly remembers everything they know about that skill. Doing this the first time lets you unlock one skill at up to +3 immediately. You can choose to postpone instead, however, and net yourself one free skill point to spend at your leisure. Use it to boost a skill you already have or boost the next remembered skill up to +4 or even +5 if you have two skill points.

Postponing a skill doesn't mean that you don't know it, just that you don't immediately remember it. You can have a maximum of 5 skill points per Refresh up to a maximum of 34. Current skill point limit is 15. The Drow, as he is using his knowledge of Engineering to examine the gate, can decide whether or not he has any knowledge of Engineering or if he wants to take the point for later use.

The characters will have no items brought along with them upon their arrival into this world save the clothing on their back, with the exceptions of Personal Gadgets (which no one bought) and items brought through use of Fate points before they leave the area they spawn in (The Human, for instance, can spend a Fate point and suddenly find his phone if he so chooses).

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:08 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Oddly enough, I was thinking of him being a military engineer with a skill of 3. I'm assuming we can't have two level five skills, but if that's not true do let us know.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:53 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
As far as I'm aware, there are only two configurations you can put your skill points in Fate. The first is a pyramid shape, which we've been using extensively in the games so far. The second is a column. Two skills in each level stacked on top of each other. The player can have a second level five skill this way, but they have to exchange this power for less versatility in skills.

I don't see any harm in doing it this way if you want, but it's gonna take you a bit before you can unlock another skill all the way to level five.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The pyramid works as well for me. Oh, and citizen drow is dropping a fate point.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:58 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Sorry that took so long. I had some notes and a map on my computer I needed to reference, and my computer spent most of yesterday in pieces while I upgraded the graphics card and power supply. Then I spent most of today finding out why various things kept crashing. Also far longer than I had intended playing games I hadn't been able to run smoothly before.

cough

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG