Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:04 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"You're probably right," Felix says. "Stalling for time is probably our best option until we can figure out something more important."

Felix turns to the Patriarch and lets him know that he needs to take some time to mull matters over, and does his best to politely see the man off and not burn any bridges there. He then does as Arkady suggested and pens some letters to Vanire and Undul to discuss matters with them.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
Felix is pretty sure he hasn't burned any bridges entirely by the time the Patriarch goes back down to his seat. He writes a couple more notes and sends them down; Vanire steps up at once, but Undul sends back a note:

Undul wrote:
Can't be seen to collaborate too closely. Can meet after sunset. Destroy this note.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:48 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix grumbles under his breath as he waits for Vanire, but does as asked and destroys the note.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
(Just a note - Patriarchs can still vote from the guest galleries. Talking to Vanire isn't risking anything happening without his vote)

Vanire strolls up. "So, what's the real situation on the walls?" he asks.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix explains what's what and brings Vanire up to date on how things have been going.

"I'm mostly out of ideas. I've got one last trick up my sleeve that I want to save because I'm not sure if I can get it to do much good at the moment. For now I'd like to stall until we can talk to Undul tonight. Other than that, I'm not sure."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:34 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15320
Location: Yes.
(There's internet on the west coast. Who knew?)
Arkady comments: "Just so you know, you are having the attention of your god now; someone in here is responsible for the army out there, so they can finesse the matter of who's city this is because they are technically fighting for this Church. That is how the power of the other god is entering the city. If you can, you need to excommunicate the man on both sides as quickly as you can."
Then he glances over at Piper and turns back to Vanire. "We are told that your god will not be violating the rule about speaking down there because he is not a patriarch. Perhaps someone should introduce a motion to have him named one. Or perhaps better, be given special permission to speak as if he bore the rank. Patriarch Ortzel...or Undul could be introducing it. It would be interesting to see who wants to vote no, and if it succeeds... Otherwise a prayer to interact with someone who is not down there might be well received; especially if the one playing both sides doesn't happen to be down there. There is being no rule against him interacting with someone up here.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
"Could you repeat that part about how much money it takes to bribe a Patriarch?" asks Vanire, his voice sounding more than a little strained.

The part in question is repeated (Arkady tries to make a point about buying abstentions and not votes, but Vanire waves it off).

"Gentlemen," he says, quietly, "I believe that you may have just given me almost everything I need to completely sink Raven's chances at the Arch-Prelacy. Now I need you to bring Sir Sparhawk here. Tell him nothing about why - there must be no chance that anyone can claim his testimony was influenced in any way. Just tell him that I need him in the Basilica. Now."

It's at this point that there's a distant explosive sound from the castle walls.


Last edited by CCC on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:00 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix nods and heads out without a further word. Past the door and out the Basilica, Felix moves. As soon as he is clear of the church guards he keys the radio and tries to get Sir Sparhawk on the line. In case he doesn't, and even if he does, Felix keeps heading toward the walls. If he can grab his rifle on the way he will. Not wanting to take chances, he'll also get Talen to come along if possible so he won't be waylaid by any deterrents that get put in his path.

"Sir Sparhawk, please respond! You're needed in the Basilica at once!"

Felix keeps trying to contact Sir Sparhawk until he is able to personally meet with the man and send him to the Basilica.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:33 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
Felix rushes back out to the walls, where he does not immediately see any sign of Sir Sparhawk.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:44 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15320
Location: Yes.
Arkady, wondering why he is not hearing from the professional soldier now of all times, gets on the radio: "Please tell me one of you has remembered to bring the machine gun to the wall. Stopping a rush is being exactly what they are made for."

Then he looks at Vanire "I am thinking the dark one was told what we just said and so has started the attack. His man is right over there watching us."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
"He doesn't need to be told," shrugs Piper. "He can see the future, remember? Some of it, anyhow."

It's at this point that Sir Sparhawk arrives at the door and starts the process of being checked over by the Archprelate's Guard (who mostly verify his identity - as a Church Knight, he is permitted to retain his weapons even here).

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8710
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix wrote:
"Sir Sparhawk is MIA here. Reports say he's on his way to the Basilica. Let me know if he shows up. I've got problems on this end to attend to."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:48 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15320
Location: Yes.
Arkady texts that Sparhawk has arrived and acknowledges the comment about prayer while waiting for him to clear customs. He points him out to Vanire: "I think that's the man we were looking for." Then he spends a few seconds bringing any English speakers who might be around up to speed.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10937
Sparhawk enters the Basilica, at which point Dolmant (who had been whispering something with Vanire) stands up to speak.

"Patriarch Makova," he says, "there have been many scurrilous rumours being spread about the actions of Primate Annias Raven. I have recently received what appears to be proof that the rumours as circulated are false. May I present this to the assembly?"

Makova grins like a cat who has just found the cream. "The floor is yours, Patriarch Dolmant."

"Thank you," says Dolmant. "I'd like to call Sir Sparhawk, Pandion Knight, and, more importantly, hereditary Champion of the Elene Royal Family, to the stand."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:31 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15320
Location: Yes.
In the fond hope he isn't about to be taken over by some local spirit, Arkady opens up to take in the scene on a more arcane level. There's something he's curious about.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: