Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 am 
Arkady: Rapport: +0 Roll: -1 Tag: +2 Total: +1

"Who, me? I don't wanna cause trouble, guv!"

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: -3 Total: +2

It seems that the boy is more interested in avoiding any further interaction with Raven than in justice.

"It's perfectly simple, sir," says the guard. "As long as there exists an official complaint between you two, we shall hold the pair of you here until we can get one of the Patriarchs to rule on said complaint -"

"Patriarch Makova!" insists Raven.

"- I'd personally recommend Patriarch Vanire," continues the guard. "Though if you both request another Patriarch we'd send the message to him instead."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Patriarch Vanire is a good man. Not to be disrespectful to, say, Patriarchs Ortzel, Dolmant or Undul; but how often is the head of a knightly order in the room?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:17 pm 
"Entirely," nods the guard. "Vanire has a reputation for fairness and even-handedness -"

"The Preceptors of the Knightly Orders haven't been involved in the Bailica in over four hundred years!" objects Raven.

"- not to mention," continues the guard, barely pausing, "there's excellent reason to believe he hasn't been tainted by any political... infighting. If there were any such thing around."

He waves to one of the other guards, who rushes down towards the main floor.

"Now, of course," he nods at Arkady, "until this complaint is resolved I am required to keep you both here. You're not planning on running, I hope, sir?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:40 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "I'm here as a guest of Patriarch Dolmant. Unless he throws me out I have no where I need to be until this is over. Which from the sound of things it might be fairly soon. I hope so, because Preceptor Vanire may be busy until after the vote."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am 
The guard nods. "Then the two of you will have to wait here until he can make a decision on your complaint," he says, firmly.

"This is ridiculous!" objects Raven. "Do you call this neutrality? You take vows to remain neutral in all forms of argument, enforcing only the rules! And here you, you're listening to some heathen barbarian over a Primate of the Church!"

"Your rank is recognised but has no bearing on the situation," insists the guard, firmly.

Arkady: Empathy:+5 Roll: +1 Total: +6

Arkady gets the strong impression that the guard has been rather looking for the chance to end Raven's bribery-based bid for Archprelateship. They're neutral, after all, not blind; and while they can only enforce the rules, they will try to interpret those rules in such a way as to deliver justice to Raven if at all possible. Which is why the guard has still, very carefully, avoided asking Arkady if he is or is not a member of the Elene church; by rather simply assuming that Arkady is, the guard has the excuse he needs to hold Raven in position.

Arkady will need to wait for Vanire; but with the sympathetic guard, there's not really much chance that Raven will be able to slip away.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady glances towards the meeting below then looks at Raven. "Under the circumstances, I think a proper appreciation of the rules is not merely dutiful but also an act of piety. We should respect and be thankful for their dedication.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:10 am 
"A proper appreciation of the rule would allow a Primate of the Church to g about his business!" insists Raven.

"Not when there is a complaint against him pending," insists the door guard.

Down below, on the main debate floor, a vote is loudly in progress; Arkady can hear the cheering as Ortzel is elected by a wide margin (though Dolmant, Vanire, and even Raven each receive a few votes - it sounds like there are still a few Patriarchs who don't care where their gold came from).

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Unless he notices all the members of the Church up here performing some set ritual at this point, Arkady nods and looks at the guard. "While traveling with him I found that the new arch-prelate is willing to admit that he's wrong about a significant matter once presented with overwhelming proof that he is indeed wrong. I pray he retains that trait going forward."

Then he looks at Raven. "Since we've got a minute, you could consider prayer. Opening yourself to Him, especially here and now, might be very inspirational."

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:49 am 
Raven glares at Arkady, then at the guard holding him. "Let go of me! I am a Primate and this is... undignified!"

The guard is unmoved.

"Don't be ridiculous," wheedles Raven. "It's not like I can make a run for it, is it?"

The guard thinks about it, acknowledges the point, and lets Raven go - but only after the doors have been closed by one of the other guards.

Raven glares around the area, but there's really quite obviously nothing he can do except straighten his clothes (which he does).

Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady keeps in eye on Raven, looking to read if he's planning something silly. "Look at the bright side. You did very well for a Primate, and you're still fairly young. Perhaps by the next election you'll be a patriarch yourself and get the nod."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:07 am 
Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: +2 Total: +7

Arkady gets the strong impression that Raven would absolutely love to try something silly, Unfortunately (for him), there's nothing silly that he can think of that has the slightest chance of success; and he's not inclined towards meaningless gestures of defiance. He won't do something unless it gives him at least a chance.

Raven glares at Arkady, and then returns to frantically racking his brains to try to figure out something that might work.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady waits, keeps an eye on Raven, and occasionally glances over to see what the other folks he was with are doing (Piper, Lady Sephrenia, etc).

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:13 am 
Piper is - gone. Just gone. Lady Sephrenia is keeping an eye on Arkady and Raven, but does not (at the moment) seem particularly inclined to act.

Raven continues to stew and plot.

(This will probably more or less carry on in stasis until Felix has escaped from his bit of trouble outside the city.)

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady awaits developments. He expects there's probably a lot of the equivalent of ring kissing going on.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:27 am 
There is, but Vanire manages to make his way to the doorway before too long. It's only a moment and a few words from him before Raven is arrested on suspicion (very strong suspicion) of Acting Against the Interests of the Elene Church; a charge in which Ortzel is the ultimate judge, and for which the worst punishment is excommunication, seizure of all material goods, and banishment from all Church property.

Still, Raven is (for the moment) very much arrested and under guard, and so Arkady (being free to do as he wishes) eventually finds his way back to Dolmant's estate with the other Terrans...

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG