Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix and Theresa are breathing hard with the exertion of trying to dodge everything that's coming at them, but they both keep at it. Felix spits a curse at the Seeker and doesn't let up the sonic barrage.

He'll tag the Disoriented consequence to boost his attacks against it.

Seeing Roger prepping the barrel, Felix tries to talk to Piper between barrages.

"Is it possible to get some kind of gust of wind? I knock the Seeker and Martel out and prevent the army from taking them. Someone kicks up a gust of wind to project the insecticidal fumes out onto the field to kill the Seeker after I've knocked it unconscious to keep it from fleeing and keep Azash from interfering? Maybe we can make the argument that me shooting at the Seeker now contests the barrier so our host can push it back?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:03 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3089
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger addresses Felix.

"Sir, do you want me on the wall or with the barrel, sir?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Stay on standby below the wall and try to think Not-Killing-The-Seeker thoughts until you get a chance to use the barrel. Maybe try to find our own catapult."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3089
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger stays near the barrel as ordered but will ask any passers by about Siege engines for the defense of the city.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10935
"Wind?" says Piper. "Wind is easy."

The mercenary catapults fire again. This time, however, the Seeker - possibly due to the sonic barrage - makes no attempt to redirect the boulders, which simply slam into the walls.

Felix's Sonic Disruptor keeps going...

Felix: Guns: +2 Personal gadget: +4 Theresa: +4 Roll: -2 Total: +8
Seeker: SCREEEEEEEEEEECH! (Defensive skill: ??? Roll: +0 Total: Still not enough)
Seeker: Endurance: ??? Minor consequence: Disorientated Major consequence: Stunned


And Martel, seeing which way the metaphorical wind is blowing, does what he must have done a lot of times before.

He runs. He leaps aboard a horse; gallops by the Seeker, grabbing the creature by the back of its cloak and throwing it over the neck of said horse, and makes tracks leading out. At speed.

Leaving his mercenary troops to face the defender's wrath alone.

Roger secures the barrel but fails to find a catapult; Chyrellos is not really a city prepared for war. He could always light the barrel and drop it over the far edge of the wall, if he wants some smoke to distract the remaining mercenaries.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"STOP. THAT. HORSE!" Felix thunders, aiming his sonic rifle at the horse in an attempt to halt Martel and prevent the Seeker's retreat. Aiming at Martel. Aiming at anything that gets in the way.


Last edited by Kajin on Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:25 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3089
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"FELIX. JUST TAKE THE SHOT"

Roger will spend a fate point to boost Felix's shot.

Roger will also burnt a fate point to ensure that advance scouts arrive from the other army to hinder Martel's retreat.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:46 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Hitting on a thought, Felix takes a quick second in between shots to grab his radio and tries to get a hold of the Terran back at Dolmant's estate.

"Edward! Ed! The truck with the motorcycle in the back, drive it to the city gates as fast as you can! I need that motorcycle! I need that truck! You don't have to do anything else, I just need those vehicles!"

Felix looks for Piper.

"Piper, can you help escort Ed here? If I can give chase with the motorcycle we can capture Martel before they leave the city and put the Seeker down once and for all!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:32 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10935
Felix: Guns: +2 Personal gadget: +4 Theresa: +4 Roll: -1 Total: +9
Martel's Horse: Endurance: +0 Roll: +2 Total: +2
Horse: Minor consequence: Disorientated


Martel's horse stumbles and begins to stagger as Felix' sonic rifle does its thing. The loyal beast continues moving, but it clearly won't be able to keep this up for long.

Dodger77 wrote:
Roger will also burnt a fate point to ensure that advance scouts arrive from the other army to hinder Martel's retreat.


It's at this point that a small advance squad of four Pandion Knights arrive at the gates of the city's outer wall. Martel immediately makes a sharp right-hand turn to avoid them, heading into a series of narrow alleyways. This is not an area where horses usually do well, but it does put a solid building between his horse and Felix' sonic weapon, and maybe that's all he's looking for.

There's a few moments of silence before Ed asks "xxxxchhhrrrrrtas that? Sorry, shkrzzzztot very clear."

At the same time, Piper asks "Do you mean that motorcycle?" and points down to where it's parked; neatly at the base of the wall, directly under where Felix is standing.

...it wasn't there ten seconds ago.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix stares at the motorcycle for a beat before patting Piper on the head.

"Thanks for the eyes, Piper" Felix says, before also pointing it out to Theresa. She also stares at it for a beat before, by mutual agreement, they both head for it. As they're climbing down from the wall, Felix tries to get some of the defenders to get ready to open the gates for him when he's in position.

Theresa grabs the handles of the motorcycle and Felix sits in back, hanging the sonic rifle by a strap over his shoulder and picking up a regular rifle. Theresa revs the motorcycle and, with a throaty roar, drives the machine to the gate. As they're moving, Felix looks back to the Basilica.

"I want You to know that I'm formally contesting that barrier!"

Felix lets Theresa know that happenings might get a bit weird and hairy once they pass by the kinetic barrier, so keep on the gas and make sure they don't get hit by anything untoward. Felix will forge a path through the mercenaries with regular bullets once he's clear of the barrier and the hunt for Martel will begin.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:59 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3089
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
It will be tricky, but Roger listens for the whinnies of the horse, over the grumbling cycle. A confirmed kill on the horse would be useful.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:51 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10935
Roger listens closely, but with all the noise going around (mainly the motorcycle), there's really no chance of picking up on the sound of a fleeing horse.

Felix and Theresa hop on to the motorcycle and roar off in pursuit! There's no particular point to shooting a gap through the mercenaries - they take one look at the roaring, two-wheeled beast charging at them from a cloud of smoke and clear themselves well out of Felix' way. They don't know what that thing is, and they clearly don't want it angry at them.

The way to the alleyway that Martel ducked down is clear.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8709
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix and Theresa speed off after Martel and head to the alleyway. Felix raises his rifle to his shoulder and prepares for anything that may be waiting. The Seeker is dangerous and Martel is a tricky, slippery combatant. There's no telling what's going to happen. He keeps his eyes peeled.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:05 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3089
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger waits around for about 10 minutes just in case Martel happens to double back. After that, he'll head to the basilica.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:05 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10935
Felix and Theresa enter the alleyway, and... it's empty.

It ends in a T-junction, though. Theresa is forced to slow down quite a lot in this maze of alleyways - to the point where you're probably not significantly faster than a man on a horse. There's no time for her to ask directions, so she steers as best she can through the maze of alleyways - left, then right, right again, left - and at the end of this alleyway, you see the Seeker standing, apparently waiting for you.

--------------

Roger waits. It's barely a minute so far, and there's no sign of Martel. Yet.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: