Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:19 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"I've got no time to argue semantics." Roger loads the truck with the barrel as quickly as he can and drives off.


"Felix, do you know where you are approximately? I'm going to try to come find you."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:04 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"It's pretty hairy out here. If you think you can manage it, an extraction would be quite nice. Not sure if the truck can fit through these tight alleys, but we can maybe make our way to you," Felix says. He'll try to figure out where he is in relation to Roger.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:42 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
The good news is, the Knights are giving off a heat signature that looks pretty genuine. The bad news is, so was the false Seeker; this doesn't seem like a way to tell illusions apart from reality.

So far as Felix can tell, Roger and the Knight are in pretty much opposite directions. (Not surprising, given that the Knight is coming from outside the city and Roger is coming from the inner city). Which one will he move towards?

Roger, in the meantime, finds his way to the entrance to the alleys. It's too narrow for the truck to enter.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:18 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"Felix, I've arrived at one of the entrances to the alleys. I am continuing on foot." Roger enters the alley, but walks as straight a path as he can manage, not wanting to get lost.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Stay by the truck and be ready to rabbit, it's dangerous out here," Felix says. "Just make sure we've got an escape route."

Felix looks at the Knights.

"Apologies, but we've come across one illusion already that was a trap laid to lure us close and kill us. I'd like to keep a respectable distance. Is there anything you need before we make our way back to safety?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:46 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
OOG: I'll spend the FATE point to ensure Felix and Teresa have a safe route to the truck.

Roger gets the truck ready to peel out of there once Felix and Teresa arrive. He honks the horn a couple times to help them know the right direction.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
"Pray to whichever god you worship for protection," suggests the knight. "If you're lucky, it might be enough."

At this point, Felix hears a honking noise. From backwards-and-to-the-left, when he thought the alley entrance was directly backwards from him.

The Knight jumps, and looks around to see what's making the noise, holding his sword out cautiously.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Something to consider, most definitely," Felix nods. On hearing the horn, he looks in that direction. "Hmm... that might be my ride. If you'd like we could head in that general direction and get out of here?"

Felix and Theresa turn to head back towards possible safety. If the Knights come along he'll try to keep an appreciable distance from them, on the off chance that they're illusions. As he moves from rooftop to rooftop he'll look for loose tiles or stones and pick them up as he goes.

As for direction, he'll opt to split the difference and try to head for the middle ground between where he thought he came from and where he heard the honk come from.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:40 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger keeps any eye out for anything suspicious. But in the mean time, he waits patiently in the truck.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
The approaching Knight is still a good two or three streets away, on a somewhat distant rooftop. Given that, it's not in the least difficult to keep up a substantial distance from him. (In fact, since he's in armour, it seems he can't leap across the alleyways; in an emergency, Felix is pretty sure that he and Theresa could probably manage the leap, being unencumbered by heavy armour).

"There's strong evidence of a major Zemoch working in the area," points out the Knight (who, thanks to an intervening alley, can't easily follow Felix' intended direction of travel). "We really should all be retreating from the epicentre. This way!"

--------------

Fortunately, despite the Knight's worries, Felix and Theresa travel without incident until they reach a major street, wide enough for the truck (at which point Felix has a small collection of loose roof tiles). A glance up and down the street shows Roger (and the truck) some distance (about a hundred metres) to Felix's left.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix wishes the Knights well and tells them if they can make it to the truck they can hop in the back and they'll all get out. Otherwise it shouldn't be too much longer before things are safe. Just avoid the remaining mercenaries and try to get close to the inner walls.

Felix proceeds towards the truck, throwing tiles at anything that seems suspicious to try and pick out illusions. If the Knights make it to the truck he'll ask one to catch a tile to try and verify if they're illusions or not. Once he gets to the truck he'll throw a tile at it, too, to see if it's also an illusion. If he's satisfied as to his and Theresa's current well being they'll hop in the truck and get to safety.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
Short of removing their armour or finding something to use as a bridge, the Knight is not going to be able to cross the alleyway and follow Felix (or even reach where Felix climbed out of the alley). But he seems to think his odds of survival are okay staying where he is.

Felix and Roger return to the gates of the inner city without further incident. It's almost as if the real Seeker escaped while Felix was entrapped by the illusion.

The Knights - both the early arrivals who had already turned up and the full company on their heels - have no trouble in rounding up the remaining mercenaries. And so the Terrans find their way back to Dolmant's estate...

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: