Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 am 
Sssssssssh, in my Mary Sue land I get a sparkly princess crown and cow cuddles and world domination.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm 
...noted.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'd rather not wait for Samantha to get here with a spare tire. I'll spend a fate point to say I find the tire repair kit.

Also if anyone is fit to be Terran Royalty it's Felix. He has good leadership skills, good social skills, a kickbutt secretary, and he comes from an upper class family.

Arkady would be a good fit for Terran King, too, what with his leadership and social skills. Though with him I imagine it less a monarchy and more a theocracy.

I picture Samantha more as a Poison Ivy-esque Queen of Flora and Fauna, tamer of the wild forces of nature and lord of all the natural lands she surveys. God forbid she runs off into the forest and encounters sapient plant life. She would be unstoppable. In fact, I'd gladly spend a fate point for the occurrence of ambulatory plant monsters that can be tamed by our good Samantha Redgrave. Possibly with a psychic connection she can exploit with her mind powers. Assuming this is something she wants to try her hand at?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:20 am 
Kajin wrote:
I'd rather not wait for Samantha to get here with a spare tire. I'll spend a fate point to say I find the tire repair kit.

Denied, for out-of-game reasons; specifically, I don't want feywinds to be completely excluded from the Chyrellos mission. Rest assured, that even waiting for her to arrive from the Ship with tyres, you will be back in Chyrellos before the Patriarchs meet for the first time.

Kajin wrote:
I picture Samantha more as a Poison Ivy-esque Queen of Flora and Fauna, tamer of the wild forces of nature and lord of all the natural lands she surveys. God forbid she runs off into the forest and encounters sapient plant life. She would be unstoppable. In fact, I'd gladly spend a fate point for the occurrence of ambulatory plant monsters that can be tamed by our good Samantha Redgrave. Possibly with a psychic connection she can exploit with her mind powers. Assuming this is something she wants to try her hand at?

Then you might be glad to know that there are ambulatory plant monsters in this world. You just haven't run into them yet...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 am 
IMMA CALL IT FLUFFY

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:32 pm 
"Leafy" might be a better choice.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:46 pm 
Berry!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:28 pm 
Berry might work.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I wonder if there's an Other Berry...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Not that we're in Chyrellos, I would like to spend a fate point for Sir Sparhawk's group to be here trying to mess up Raven's plans.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 pm 
Fate point spent! You have four remaining.

They've just arrived, so shortly you'll all hear Dolmant's summary of the situation together.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:50 am 
Sam? Not having patience with bureaucrats pretending humans would never break a rule? I don't know what you're talking about.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:38 am 
This is supposed to be a kind of an interlude, where you can make plans, explore the opinions of your allies, and in short prepare for the Election of the Arch-Prelacy. Most of the people in the room have some sort of role that they can be used for. Dolmant, for example, has a very good idea of what's going on in Chyrellos, at least of the stuff that's publicly visible (and some of the less well-hidden stuff that's supposed to be private; but no more than a well-informed Patriarch of the non-Raven faction). Ortzel has a less immediate knowledge of the situation (because he's been spending the last month at his brother's castle) but has an exceptionally firm and unbending set of morals (which is part of why he's the compromise candidate of the anti-Raven faction; he's one of the few Patriarchs that everyone can be quite sure won't be taking bribes). He's by no means the only non-Raven possibility, he's simply the most likely one.

You can definitely pull people aside, ask them things in private, and so on; when you're done planning, you can head off to bed (since it's late at night, and yes, Dolmant has enough beds) and Stuff will Resume Happening with the morning. (Unless you decide to slip out and Do Something Sneaky at night, in which case Stuff will probably start Happening if/when you are spotted). You don't have to make a plan - or you might make a plan that starts with "step one, find more information" - before morning, but if you want to do so then this is your chance.

Don't let Dolmant's pessimism make you think that a plan can't work. Raven's probably planned for just about anything that the Patriarchs or other locals are able to do; that most assuredly does not imply that he's planned for everything you can do, and it's definitely possible to blindside him with some completely unexpected plan.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Do I have a Universal Gadget leftover? If I do I'd like to use it for a printing press if building one from spare parts is unfeasible.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 am 
Building a printing press from spare parts over the course of a few hours is most certainly feasible, and won't need you to use the stunt. (There will be an Engineering roll; all that will do is determine just how long those 'few hours' are, and if you think it's too long once it's been rolled you can of course use Aspects and FATE points as usual to speed things up. Giving Felix's Engineering score, the only way he can possibly fail to produce a printing press is if he is being deliberately and directly sabotaged in some manner).

Building a printing press from spare parts over the course of five minutes will need either the stunt or a truly amazing engineering roll. (I'd have to check up on whether you've got a stunt use left over or not). But unless you think you have extremely urgent need to have the printing press done right now, I don't think that that sort of accelerated time frame is really necessary; you can easily have the printing press done by lunchtime tomorrow and be handing out leaflets by mid-afternoon.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG