Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:05 am 
You are right, I had completely forgotten about thta. You have reached a significant milestone, and so a bit of levelling up is in order.

First everyone should take... I think two Aspects, to reflect what your characters went through, rescuing the Queen. (It has been a while, hasn't it?)

You may also raise any Skill by +1 (but if you do, you must lower another Skill, swapping them - if you raise a Skill from +3 to +4, then you must drop one from +4 to +3). Effectively, you're swapping two Skills. Any skills you do not have are considered +0. You may make up to two such swaps, though you may not apply both +1s to the same skill (you may apply both -1s to the same skill if you like, though)

Once you have your Aspects, and have swapped around Skills, you could look at one more Stunt. And no, Kajin, there is no Stunt that allows you to use Science in place of Mysteries; though you could probably benefit from getting Mysteries to +1 via swapping.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Working on my aspects now. In addition to one new stunt can I change out an old one for another as well? I don't think I've used Ladies Man one time the entire time we've been playing this game.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Quote:
Aspect: Punch Drunk

Usually it's better to fight smarter, not harder. Generally speaking, Felix is pretty good at that. Recently, however, he's discovered that sometimes a line will get crossed and he'll fly into a rage deep enough that he just doesn't care and will stay on the line exchanging blows he doesn't need to.

Quote:
Aspect: Sim City

Felix is a builder, gosh darn it! There's a colony right over there that he should be helping build, but he's been stuck playing knight errant for months now. He has a frustrated need to build things that's not getting expressed.

Skills: Survival -1, Mystery +1. Gambling -1, Resolve +1.

Quote:
Stunt: Shot on the Run [Guns]

The character is light on his feet with a gun in his hand, able to keep the gunplay going while evading attempts to harm him.

This character may use Guns as a defense skill against physical attacks; normally, Guns cannot be used defensively.

If I'm able to exchange an old stunt, I'd like to get rid of Ladies Man as stated for:

Quote:
Feel the Burn [Endurance]

The character can push through incredible pain in order to reach his goal. The character can take one extra moderate, physical consequence (see page XX) before moving on to a severe physical consequence, allowing him to take a total of four consequences in a physical conflict.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
>.>

How we doing

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:18 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I've been contemplating an aspect for Arkady: Nobody Captures Machine Gunners. Basically he now understands how to properly use automatic weapons: and so long as he can see where the shots are going then every round (including the first) that he's using full automatic fire he can walk the burst to add a cumulative plus one to his combat roll. Not terribly powerful for most magazine fed weapons; but cassette or belt fed ones would be rather more dangerous.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Is that an aspect or a stunt?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:40 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I have an idea for an aspect. Troll Friend. Tag to increase a rapport roll when dealing with Trolls.Can also be detrimental in a rapport roll against someone who exhibits anti troll attitudes.

Roger regrets immensely that the attempt to negotiate with Ghwerek came to blows.

As for stunts, I have no clue XD.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:50 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Honestly I think we were gonna come to blows with Ghwerek anyway. It was just a matter of what caused the fight.

Also I recommend you take Minions. We can build you a bot swarm to do stuff for us.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:52 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Of course you don't have to take minions.

Where we at right now?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:37 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Kajin wrote:
Is that an aspect or a stunt?

I guess it's a stunt? I'm kind of drawing a blank on what Arkady would pick up as an aspect from all of this. Though it wouldn't be hideously inappropriate for him to be stuck with something like 'God Whisperer' at this point...

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:23 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I think we can only pick from stunts that are listed on that website CCC has linked. I tried for an improvised stunt but got vetoed.

But iirc you at some point said you wanted to take the Sidekick stunt so Arkady's wife could come along.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:16 am 
Sorry, got a bit caught up in Stuff over the last few days.

Troll Friend would be a decent aspect. But maybe Trollish Regret would be a better name for it? (He doesn't actually have a troll friend yet). Or maybe Anti-Speciest, to extend it to more than just Trolls?

Yeah, Ghwerek was never going to go peacefully. But he's not exactly the average Troll. (Ghwerek's considered a bit of a weakling among Trolls, but he's a good deal smarter than the average; most Trolls think he needs to get out of that stupid workshop and get out in the fresh air more)

Custom stunts are possible, but subject to veto. In this specific case, Science and Magic are not really all that well aligned, hence vetoed - but other custom stunts are possible.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:49 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Gotcha.

I was mostly figuring that I could use scientific inquiry to figure out the best "questions" to ask to make magic work and from there come up with precise definitions.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:02 pm 
Kajin wrote:
Gotcha.

I was mostly figuring that I could use scientific inquiry to figure out the best "questions" to ask to make magic work and from there come up with precise definitions.

Roger has The Right Questions! maybe he could do it.

I'll try to get my character updates in this weekend.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:05 am 
Ok Guns to +3 for Deceit. and Mysteries to +1 at the expense of Contacting. I'll take Stay on Target as a stunt (for guns).

For the first stunt, I'm either going to take Troll Defender or moprh that into some kind of diplomat / negotiator aspect. Still unsure about the second aspect.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG