Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is now going to use every last spare second of his free time between now and getting to the lake jury-rigging a bunch of makeshift grenades and mines with various less-than-lethal special effects. He'll also make sure the grenade launcher attachment is on his gun.

I'd like to spend a fate point to ensure I have a cache of special insecticide smoke grenades, as well.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Do we still have any of those sonic rifles handy?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
We should. I added Sonic Defenses to the colony, so sonic rifles should be a main armament now I think?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'd like to use my Universal Gadget. I'd like it to be a drone with Flying and Thermal Camera upgrades. I'm willing to do some extra work to link it to my visor so I can get a birds eye view of the field.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 am 
You know what, one day I will get post notifications on literally any website I need them from, but it is not this day.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:52 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Question one. If I have two motorized dirt bikes, Felix driving one and Theresa the other, could they be considered one unit for the purposes of rolling Driving?

Question two. If the above is yes, can I spend a point to declare that the truck was hauling a trailer with two primed and ready dirt bikes?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:13 am 
(1) No.

.....well. It depends on what exactly you want to use it for.

If you're planning on rolling Driving to distract the Seeker, then that's a thing that Theresa can help with; two bikes can distract as well as one. If you're trying to (say) evade obstacles, then you're on your own - nothing Theresa can do will help you.

(2) Yes, you can, if you still want to in light of the above.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Nevermind. I guess the truck will serve just as well.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:40 pm 
Yea, the truck can probably do most things that require driving.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I thought Theresa was driving? And also she has +3 to Drive, if that keeps us from getting stuck. I'll spend fate points on Fortune Roulette and Pride Comes Before the Fall to keep us from getting stuck if possible.

Also if I have any left I'd like to spend another point to tag Warrior Gadgeteer to gain the aspect Party Favor Grenade Bundle for a bandoleer of grenades with various effects.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm 
She is driving, yes; but as a sidekick, when she's helping you to Do Stuff, she uses your scores (albeit with her +4 modifier).

Had she been driving on her own, she could have used her +3 on Drive, but she would have lost her +4 bonus, leading to a net loss of one point.

(Sidekicks occupy a weird place in the rules).

I don't think that Pride Goes Before A Fall is really relevant here, but I've spent the FATE point on Fourtune Roulette on a reroll, which worked out well - the truck will much more easily become unstuck now. (And the fact that Piper seems to be deliberately taunting the elder god might also keep its attention off you for a little).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Pride Goes is for when Felix stands in opposition against petty tyrants and bullies who think more highly of themselves than they actually are and is working to take them down a peg.

Taking a petty tyrant god down a peg might be the pinnacle achievement this aspect could hope to work towards.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:22 am 
Yeah, but it's got to be used to cause the tyrant to fall, if you see what I mean.

If Azash's mud misses, it's no skin off his nose; like a human lazily swatting a fly. Missing is no more than a mild annoyance, it's nowhere near a fall. This aspect is for taking petty tyrants and bullies down in their moment of triumph, not for mildly annoying them (and certainly not for keeping yourself safe).

Suggestion: Instead of aiming that Aspect at Azash's attempt to bog you down in mud, aim it instead at Azash's attempt to claim the Blue Rose. Because that is not irritatedly swatting at a fly; that is Pride. And that can be made to fall.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Heh.

Yeah if I could spend a fate point to hinder his ability to claim the Rose before us that'd be great. Let's do it.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:26 am 
Oh, you definitely can.

Sidekicks can only help out where it makes logical sense for them to help out. But FATE points aren't like that. FATE points can help out even where the causality doesn't make sense. FATE points can retroactively change the timeline to help you. FATE points can make the villain trip on the edge of his robes. And FATE points...

...can put your allies exactly where they need to be. By sheer coincidence.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG