Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:14 am 
Lady Sephrenia is in the strange quantum state of "she's with you if and only if you bought Sparhawk's party with when you came up here".

It works out that she's with you if you have any reason to want her (no need to spend a FATE point).

And yes, the Rose is very visible. Ghwerek carries it under one arm when he walks about, and will put it down if he needs both hands for something. It's never out of arm's reach of him.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:51 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Why yes, Arkady will be happy to drop a fate point to have a working vapor deposition diamond (and other gem at need) synthesizer or two on board, big enough to grow IR lenses for fusion plant ignition systems (say, 10cm across).

Post Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:05 am 
No FATE point necessary to have synthetic diamond construction facilities back on the ship.

Note, however, that as far as sapphires go, the Blue Rose may very well be the single biggest sapphire on this planet. It is more than 10cm across. Creating a diamond of equivalent size will take... some time.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:26 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Everyone gets Trollish huh? Nice!! Which is made even better by the fact I don't have to waste a slot.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:09 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'm going to go for a thread binge to find out myself, but in case I can't find it does anyone remember if Zalasbra was near the ship when the report came through that Raven had gotten a silent visitor who informed him of the bugs we had placed?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:56 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I'm pretty sure he hadn't packed up and left yet, anyway.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:42 am 
Eeyup. Everyone gets Trollish. It's not permanent... but it'll last at least a couple of months.

It might be worth bearing in mind that, even before he took an apprentice and left, Zalasbra was never more than loosely attached to the colony; if he vaguely cited other business and left for a week, no-one on the ship took particular notice of the fact. He had a life before meeting the Ship, after all. Of course, he could only move on foot, or... by whatever other means he had available to him.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:06 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Did we need the Rose for anything else besides curing the Queen? I don't remember what it is supposed to be able to do. If there's anything else we need that I should've known about I'd like to work that into my bargain.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:28 am 
It does pretty much anything that a person holding it while wearing both rings asks it to do (with the caveat that what you ask for and what you actually want might not be the same thing); and it's one of the very, very few ways to actually kill a god like Azash.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Does anyone have anything against the tone I'm striking? Also can Arkady do an empathy roll if he's here? If not I'll try. I wanna try and figure out what kind of psychological approach to take with Ghwerek.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:05 am 
An Empathy roll is very sensible indeed.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:31 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Okay, so...

Do we have good robotic prosthetics?

I think I have a good idea for what I can offer to Ghwerek to show I mean business. But I'll need a new arm after. If I have to I'll trade in my visor for a sufficiently advanced robot prosthetic.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:36 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I'm a little late but... I think offering your life so brazenly is quite reckless. Felix is very important to this group. Honestly, if it came to offering a hostage, I think Roger is the better choice but he will NOT submit to a head crushing.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:51 am 
Robot prosthetics are no better than modern technology. You can get a hand which connects to your nervous system and which, after months of therapy, you can learn to open and close. Just make sure to keep the battery charged.

You are not going to be able to get a robotic limb which comes close to matching the usability of the arm you were born with; similarly, any robotic limb will require months of learning how to use it in order to reach its full potential. (Which full potential is still less than your natural limb).

You might be able to help Ghwerek out with a robotic leg that does more than drag upon the ground. It would still take months for him to learn to use it (maybe it's best not to tell him that part out loud).

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I tried to be diplomatic and I do feel bad about the idea of just killing him to take the Rose, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle to accommodate Ghwerek every step of the way while we try to save the kingdom and protect the Terrans.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG