Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Besides eating, do you think we should try to get up to anything?" Felix asks. "I wouldn't mind trying to find some of the missing Patriarchs to bring them in for a vote, but I also feel the need for us to stay here as much as possible on the off chance we can sway some of the current Patriarchs to our side."

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady glances around. "We do have news from the ship to listen to and supplies to put away. I am thinking Talen and his associates would do better at finding the nearby patriarchs than we can. Though I am still wondering where the rest are. As for these..." he indicates the men below "they can discuss Vanire's trial and the news in the fliers without our help for a while. Though we probably should bring them back something to eat and drink. Maybe a lot of something; and let Dolmant feed his friends."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 pm 
"D'you think they'll let us bring it back in? We are dirty stinking Terrans, we could give them cooties." Sam pauses and cocks her head. "This is, in theory, an important meeting to come to, right? Like, College of Cardinals level of important meetings to be at, which generally gets even the most corrupt and lazy pieces of fluff to get off their butts and get moving just so they can say they were there when the people did the thing. Which really does nothing but make me more paranoid this is a giant trap." She shrugged, fiddling with her necklace. "I dunno, it might just be the whole 'woke up yesterday on a whole new planet' thing, this just gives me a weird vibe. I should eat before casting aspersions on B-List Palpatine over there."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "I think his supporters are here already. Killing them all just means the patriarchs not already being here get to chose. Though from what I have seen of him...if he thought it would get him elected, he probably would kill them all. So, shall we go find lunch?"

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:24 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I'm good for lunch, let's go," Felix says, standing up and gesturing for Theresa to follow.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:34 am 
The Arch-Prelate's Guard makes no attempt to stop you from leaving.

Are you going to:

- Seek out a restaurant that serves lunches;
- Buy something edible from a stall in the marketplace;
- Head back to Dolmant's place for lunch (he does have cooks on staff);
- or go somewhere else entirely?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Unless fate (or the NPCs) intervenes, we're going to be heading off to Dolmant's palace.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:37 pm 
One patrol of Church soldiers tries to stop you.

Sir Ulath steps forward, displays Dolmant's letter, and politely tells them that they have no right to do so.

The patrol's captain closely scrutinises the letter; while Sir Ulath manages to stand in such a way as to draw attention to his very large axe. When the Captain questions the authenticity of the letter, Sit Ulath responds by quoting - at length - the regulations that permit him to use deadly force on Church business.

One by one, starting from the back of the patrol and moving forward, the individual soldiers decide that their best option is to quietly slip into a nearby alleyway and pretend that they were never there.

The result is that, by the time the patrol Captain tries to have your entire group arrested for forging Patriarch Dolmant's signature, he no longer has any underlings to do the actual arresting; Sir Ulath politely points this out, and suggests that the patrol Captain should probably try to find out where his men went.

Given that it is such a large axe that Sir Ulath carries, the Captain decides that this is, indeed, the best course of action and runs off in search of his men.

All in all, the incident is little more than a delay. You reach Dolmant's residence with no further troubles.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:40 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady hunts down whatever passes for the head of the servants. "The Patriarch and his friends won't be able to come home until after sunset. If you have not already done so, please send food for a couple of dozen men to the Cathedral; I think it will help him in his work. And if it is not too much trouble, could my friends and I have a bite to eat as well?"

Then he hunts down the new Terran. "Greetings. I am Father Arkady Federenko. How was your trip?"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 am 
"Lunch for your party will be no trouble at all, sir. But I didn't think that food was permitted into the Basilica?"

--------------

"Not something I'd be eager to repeat, to tell the truth, Father. Those guys on the road..." He shudders.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"If I recall I believe it was mentioned that they can't eat until their job is done?" Felix ponders.

"We've encountered those mindless souls a fair few times. The creature responsible is a terrible fiend and removing it from play is on our to-do list."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady blinks. "I am sorry, perhaps I missed that. They must fast until they elect a new Arch-prelate? That would explain why that ass is talking about candles, then."

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 am 
"They're just not allowed to eat inside the actual Basilica," says Sir Ulath. "Technically, they can break for lunch, but there's nothing stopping Makova from calling for a vote while half the Patriarchs are out eating, so I imagine that they're all going to have to manage on meals only at night, when they can't meet."

Post Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:16 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"How long will this go on?" Felix asks Sir Ulath. "If the vote can be stalled long enough it might be a good idea for us to go around and try to bring on board some lost Patriarchs."

Felix investigates the new arrivals.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:25 am 
Sir Ulath shrugs. "If I had any idea why the Primate wants a delay in the first place, then I might have some idea of how long it's going to last."

The new arrivals consist of Sir Bevier, who eagerly greets the group, and a fairly nervous fellow who doesn't seem like he wants to do anything but be back safely at the Ship.

And, of course, quite a lot of gold.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG